The mkiv Supra Owners Club

alarm and speaker install

salaar

hey guys,

Anyone know any decent (and fair priced) people to install an alarm system and sound system (speakers and subwoofer) as well as some interior lighting who are good? I also wanna get the light around the key insert to light on and off when the alarm is on and off.

I'm based in York but also spend time in London and am happy to take the supra if the guy is good!

Thanks a lot

DCY (there in sheriff Hutton) sell a great alarm system, and the guy who installs them (can't remember his company) is amazing.

He fitted mine, also showed me how bad my thatcham cat 1 alarm was installed incorrectly as the majority are :/

Sound system is very easy to do yourself, if not you're welcome to come round mine one night and we can sort that.

I've just moved out of York but only half hour away in Knottingley.

Thanks a lot guys! I'm currently in London (studying) I'll be back over easter (18th March - 11th April). j_jza80, can you give pointers on the sound system? I basically just want the four components, 2 tweeters and a sub. But I also wanna install some interior lighting such as in the footwell and around the dash etc (easier to say in person) which is connected to the alarm and has a switch. Thanks a lot for the offer al massey! I'll speak to you guys when I'm back up.

Component speakers are easy, 2 in doors 2 in back.

There is already tweeters in the dash.

If you want extras, you would either need to replace them which is pain or add them somewhere. If adding them, may want to look at a crossover.

What type of sub you want?

Will need an amp too.

Lighting can be done.

There is an oem option, not cheap though.

I think two 10 inch should be enough, my tweeters have stopped working hence why I need them changed. What's the oem lighting option?

Are you sure they stopped working?

Guessing you are running an aftermarket stereo?

Oem lighting is for the footwell, quite expensive and rare though

Yeah its aftermarket. Bought this supra as a long term project from another member. I can't hear anything from them and I showed it to a guy and he said something had dropped (can't remember) maybe a coil or something. I'd mount the subs in the boot. Create a nice box for them so it looks flush. Would the bass flow well through to the front? What's your opinion on mounting?