The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t.quest. Last job the seats.

herbiemercman

Hi Guys, Just thought i would post a couple of pics of my leather seats which now completes my four months quest on my NA/T project, these were hard fiddly work, but well worth it, they look great and when you enter the cockpit it smells like a new car, the quality of the leather is superb.

The NA/T project has covered 4 months and ended at circa £4K, well worth it, the most important bit is the performance, i feel the same buzz as having a new car. The basic conversion was £3K, the extra £1K was down to me changing the clutch, fitting a thermostatic oil cooler, changing the coolant to 4life, changing the engine oil to Fucks fully synth, changing the turbo jacket from fibre glass to titanium weave, fitting three aluminium coated ceramic heat baffles and securing the boost pipes away from the bodywork to stop vibrations, and last but not least, fitting new seats.

There were frustrations along the way but i learned a lot and most importantly from members of this club. I have posted as much on the subject as i could to help others who undertake this quest.

Finally i want to say that the experience and knowledge and mapping etc carried out by the NA/T man was very good and the support i received following completion. Herbie.

BEST.PIC.SEATS..jpg (200.7 KB) BEST.PIC.#2..SEATS..jpg (196.5 KB)

BEST.PIC.SEATS..jpg

BEST.PIC.#2..SEATS..jpg

Hi Masterfett, The "RS" badge was a pre NA/T thing to make people think it was a fast car, and now it is, that's what's going on.

Your black car has a fantastic finish, is it resprayed and is it the original Toyota black?

Hi DavidP, Who is Ed? and what is the favourite?

Edited by herbiemercman (see edit history)

Hi Masterfett, The "RS" badge was a pre NA/T thing to make people think it was a fast car, and now it is, that's what's going on.

Your black car has a fantastic finish, is it resprayed and is it the original Toyota black?

Hi DavidP, Who is Ed? and what is the favourite?

Interesting, never been in a situation where someone has openly admitted that so fair play, pretty sure you could pick up a nice sz badge from somewhere at least then it would relate to the supra! As i said each to there own though! My car HAD a fantastic finish, it is stock black yes, sadly though the clearcoat is failing on it though and someone reveresed into it the other day so its not looking so fantastic now lol.