The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some questions that I thought I could get help with here?

Crouch

The first question is straight forward when I went to get new replacement track rod ends I was asked if I needed the straight or the bent ones. The listings show that there is different ends for import or UK/EU on a couple parts sites but I can't see that being the case surely. Can anybody clarify if it makes a difference if there even is one.

The second is that i'm after recomendations for some block machine work I need done. I have a new block from Toyota and I also have some billet main caps and I want to have it checked and if needed line bored to make sure the crank is true. So far i've had two companys say they can't do it one saying they don't want to do it and one that has said it would take a couple weeks and cost 2.2K minimum. Now i've never had a block checked in this way but that quote seems well steep. Has anybody else had these type of problems as i'm sure i'm not the only one to ever want this done but companys seem un willing to take on the job. I have massive respect and am amazed at what machinists can do with such accuracy so why the terror at this task?

Thanks Gary Crouch

The first question is straight forward when I went to get new replacement track rod ends I was asked if I needed the straight or the bent ones. The listings show that there is different ends for import or UK/EU on a couple parts sites but I can't see that being the case surely. Can anybody clarify if it makes a difference if there even is one.

They are the same part number on all MKIV Supras J-spec and UK, NA and TT.

45460-19235 ROD ASSY, TIE, RH

45470-19065 ROD ASSY, TIE, LH

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Excellent then just daft sites I was using listing the different designs of aftermarket parts as specific to region.

Anybody else have suggestions as to who and where to get my block machined in Scotland ideally. There's plenty other big power 2jz cars about Scotland so someone must do the work. I'd have thought it a common practice to run billet caps for peace of mind so hands up those that run them. [COOL][/COOL]

Thanks Gary