The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Were Is The Heater Blower Air Flow From? Getting Fuel Smell *SOLVED*

a98pmalcolm

Hey all.

I under stand the Supra doesn't have a replaceable pollen filter so I'm ruling that out.

Since I have done my plenum inlet manifold and located the inlet cam breather hose into a catch tank (as well as my exhaust cam breather from a single turbo conversion) I have had a really strong petrol smell and I believe its coming from that. The oil catch is located at the back rear of the turbo.

But its only when the heater blower is on I get the strong fume smell, so I'm interested to see were the air is sucked from for the fuel smell to get in.

Also when there on my car steams up terribly and I get a clammy kinda feel so there could be moister in the system.

An advice would be great

Thanks

Paul

Edit: Solution below

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

The smell was coming from the oil catch can filter as the breather pips from the excuse and inlet cams go into the tank causing excessing oil vapours going into 1 tank.

I found this out by taking the filter off and using some hose I had spare extending the filter further down past the bulk head.

Fuel smell now gone. So now I need to find a more permanent solution to this rather than a load of silicone pipes I used.