The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Show me your dash cams!

Tomyspeedy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AUTO-VOX-Stealth-Recorder-G-Sensor-Detection/dp/B00UUQD9L6

I've got this one, it's super discrete. I have it behind the rear view mirror so I can't see it when I'm driving and people outside can't see it through the windscreen unless they're really looking. Obviously there are cables to be managed but you can stick them up under the headlining. It's not bad quality either.

Got two of these, front + back

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015YF1GXK?keywords=mini%200805&qid=1452241095&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Can't fault them at all great little cameras, HD 1080P loop recording with GPS + motion sensors

+1 for this

I have 2, one in the audi and one in the missus car, they are very small and very discrete, i've had mine fitted about a year now, i'd forgotton i'd fitted it untill i needed it a few weeks back to view something back. Great cameras.

Got two of these, front + back

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015YF1GXK?keywords=mini%200805&qid=1452241095&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Can't fault them at all great little cameras, HD 1080P loop recording with GPS + motion sensors

+1 for this

I have 2, one in the audi and one in the missus car, they are very small and very discrete, i've had mine fitted about a year now, i'd forgotton i'd fitted it untill i needed it a few weeks back to view something back. Great cameras.

Do you guys have them hardwired for power or are they plugged into the cig lighter? If hardwired, is it easy enough to do?

Hard wired.

It's easy enough to do you just need to get a cigar lighter socket (£2-3quid from ebay)

Use one of these to tap into the fuse box (whilst still keeping separate fuses for your cam and whatever you plugged into)

attachment.php?attachmentid=207960&stc=1&d=1452335303

The problem with the big brand ones is that they are massive.

This one sits behind the rear view mirror and you can forget about it. the software and GPS logging, quality is excellent for £60.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207961&stc=1&d=1452335927

attachment.php?attachmentid=207962&stc=1&d=1452335927

Full GPS software suite which is what you need for insurers showing where you were, speed, and the image.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207963&stc=1&d=1452335927

$_57.JPG

7ab24943-4f8c-46c2-b6e5-ebccffa18777.jpg

1415229c-5008-4e94-92f5-8cb9679bdec3.jpg

08eb112d-9454-4b70-b878-4639c6325bd9.jpg

Edited by Ric (see edit history)

Hard wired.

It's easy enough to do you just need to get a cigar lighter socket (£2-3quid from ebay)

Use one of these to tap into the fuse box (whilst still keeping separate fuses for your cam and whatever you plugged into)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=207960&stc=1&d=1452335303

The problem with the big brand ones is that they are massive.

This one sits behind the rear view mirror and you can forget about it. the software and GPS logging, quality is excellent for £60.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=207961&stc=1&d=1452335927

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=207962&stc=1&d=1452335927

Full GPS software suite which is what you need for insurers showing where you were, speed, and the image.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=207963&stc=1&d=1452335927

Thats what i`m using in my van, great cam for the dosh!

• 8 months later...
I've got a couple of Blackvue's. Small and full of features. http://blackvuehd.co.uk/?gclid=CPSS-5qQtM8CFZMK0wodfEkD-A

Footage captured on Dragonball below. Unfortunately youtube compresses it, so the footage doesn't look as good as the raw data, but it will give you an idea.

How long have you been running them for?

Easy enough to install?

I have a Nextbase 512g. Ill give you some specifications.

Built in gps logger and maps

Polar lens can be adjusted to remove glare

G sensor

Auto save

Supports class 10 memory cards

Large sensor for quality night video

Records in 720 or 1080.

£150

I have hardwired mine to the fusebox of my company car. The harness is sold separately but includes a piggyback fuse and converter.

Some pics. IMG-20160529-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20160528-WA0024.jpg

Thanks for the input so far guys it's been very helpful.

For those of you who have hard wired into the fuse box on the supra, is it something quite easily done or is it a bit of a pain?

Not done anything electrical wise with the car apart from change the battery but willing to have a go if it's not too much hassle

Thanks for the input so far guys it's been very helpful.

For those of you who have hard wired into the fuse box on the supra, is it something quite easily done or is it a bit of a pain?

Not done anything electrical wise with the car apart from change the battery but willing to have a go if it's not too much hassle

In terms of hard wiring its actually pretty easy.

You'll need to identify your supras fusebox location, and then find the fusebox diagram online somewhere.

Find a fuse that is rated 5A or less and is connected to something that comes on when the car is switched on. So for example find the cigarette lighter fuse.

Once fuse has been identified take it out, put the wiring harness kit into it and piggy back the fuse ontop. Literally just stacks ontop.

Next thing you need to do it to ground your black wire against some metal, i just undid a 10mm bolt and stuck mine under there.

Plug in your live connection and test your camera works by switching on your car. Dashcam should come on itself. Then switch ur car off and dashcam will switch off after about 10 seconds.

My advice to you is to buy the Nextbase dashcam series and hard wiring kit all available on amazon! Took me about 20 mins tops to install first time. Hope this helped.

In terms of hard wiring its actually pretty easy.

You'll need to identify your supras fusebox location, and then find the fusebox diagram online somewhere.

Find a fuse that is rated 5A or less and is connected to something that comes on when the car is switched on. So for example find the cigarette lighter fuse.

Once fuse has been identified take it out, put the wiring harness kit into it and piggy back the fuse ontop. Literally just stacks ontop.

Next thing you need to do it to ground your black wire against some metal, i just undid a 10mm bolt and stuck mine under there.

Plug in your live connection and test your camera works by switching on your car. Dashcam should come on itself. Then switch ur car off and dashcam will switch off after about 10 seconds.

My advice to you is to buy the Nextbase dashcam series and hard wiring kit all available on amazon! Took me about 20 mins tops to install first time. Hope this helped.

Thanks for the information. Doesn't sound as difficult as I thought it would be

Thanks for the information. Doesn't sound as difficult as I thought it would be

This thread has spurred me on to finally get around hard wiring mine in both cars. This looks as if it will make life easier fitting :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-car-lighter-socket-dvr-phone-piggy-back-miniblade-fuse-hardwire-30cm15a-fuse-/262292199658?hash=item3d11d558ea:g:U1QAAOSwYaFWdJ~W

attachment.php?attachmentid=214977&d=1475223163

s-l1600.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ok so I have fitted the hard wire kit using the cigar lighter fuse to piggy back off.

The problem now is that the fuse box lid (located in the driver footwell) won't go back on due to the cable coming from it. At the moment I have just left it off but wondering if it is worth drilling a hole in the side to allow the cable to pass through or whether to just leave it off.

Does it matter if it's not on or is it worth drilling a hole in the side of the cover?

Thanks

Ok so I have fitted the hard wire kit using the cigar lighter fuse to piggy back off.

The problem now is that the fuse box lid (located in the driver footwell) won't go back on due to the cable coming from it. At the moment I have just left it off but wondering if it is worth drilling a hole in the side to allow the cable to pass through or whether to just leave it off.

Does it matter if it's not on or is it worth drilling a hole in the side of the cover?

Thanks

Nice and neat. Cut a groove or drill a hole.