The mkiv Supra Owners Club

White JDM Supra RZ import

WhiteJDMSupra

So at the moment I'm undecided at the direction im going to take with the car...

I got it imported from Japan with the help of Jurgen at JM Imports with every intention of keeping it bone stock like i bought it, well that plan lasted for all of five minutes as while I was waiting for the car to arrive from Japan I had already spent a few thousand pounds on various things from Whifbitz!

But hey, that gave me loads of fun things to look at while I waited for the car

So the car arrived in the Uk in August and i Picked it up in October...

I asked Jurgen if he could do a couple of bits with it while he had it, the two main things being re-trimming the front seats in leather and the other being de-restricting it for me.

So the Spec when I picked it up was as follows:

Stock Everything!

It has the RZ Aerokit and Active front lip

Manual 6 Speed

Twin Turbo

Greddy Turbo Timer

78,000KM on the clock

17" stock wheels

Stock Big Brakes

I'll try and keep you guys updated as I continue working on it

my plans for the car are somewhat unclear at the moment, haven't decided if I want to stop at BPU or go for uprated twin turbos some day... only time will tell!

this year i intend to:

Fit coilovers

uprated brakes (already bought)

New headlights

Respray (whole car if budget allows)

BPU

now for some pictures!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Looks exactly like.mi e did a year ago :)

Looks like the chrome rings on your headlights are peeling, which is a common issue. You can either buy new (circa £600, and sell yours for £250), or Scott on here does a stripdown and refurbishment service.

Looks nice mate, does it really need a full respray now? paintwork doesn't look bad in the photos.

I think pictures are always quite flattering, the front bumper definitely needs doing as the respray that was done when it arrived in the UK was of a very poor quality... I probably could have done a better job with a couple of rattle cans from Halfords

Lovely car mate. Wot coilovers you putting on?

I'm thinking of going for some Tein super streets, thats what ive been recomended by garage D.... they are only a stones throw from my house!

Looks exactly like.mi e did a year ago :)

Looks like the chrome rings on your headlights are peeling, which is a common issue. You can either buy new (circa £600, and sell yours for £250), or Scott on here does a stripdown and refurbishment service.

yeah, i was planning to buy a new set from whifbitz either this month or next month, should make the front end look a bit cleaner!

So, the first modification I did was to get rid of those horrible looking stock wheels, having already ordered a set of big brakes from whifbitz i knew I needed to go up to atleast an 18" wheel

after spending weeks and weeks looking at potential choices I decided upon a set of Rota Grids, i was torn between white or matt bronze and after many people told me how much they regret buying white wheels i decided upon the bronze

i was going to go for 9.5 fronts and 10 rears so I could have the concave style all round, Rota have recently released a new shade of matt bronze, upon placing my order and waiting 3 months for the wheels to arrive they told me that the wheels i had ordered didn't actually match in colour :/

they gave me the option of upgrading to 10J all round at no extra cost or cancelling my order, stupidly i agreed to take the 10J

I went for a 235/35/18 front and a 265/30/18 rear, not i kinda regret my decision as the amount of stretch up front is not ideal i have to park my car on a kerb at night which sucks because ive managed to nick the wheels twice (with full lock on) because of the amount of stretch....

im now looking to get another set of grids for the front, this time a 8.5J ET30 (as opposed to a 10J ET35 They poke 14mm) the dude a Rota said they only have the 8.5J in in a ET35 which would tuck under more than desired, so i'm a little undecided on what to do?

does anyone else on here run rotas? what size and offsets have you gone for?

despite the many issues, i love these wheels they look awesome on the car and the colour is stunning in person, goes really well with the white

Finally, Piccies!

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

28.jpg

after a couple of weeks, I decided the car didn't quite have enough grunt so i ordered myself a Catback exhaust for the car,

i opted for the 4" titanium from Whifbitz, who doesn't like a blue tip??

got a couple pictures while i was fitting it, and few of it on the Car....

was very easy to fit and did the job myself from start to finish in about half an hour

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

[ATTACH]207857[/ATTACH]

What an ugly looking car ;-)

Fronts 8.5 offset 30.

Rears 9.5 offset 30.

Volk TE37 tho :-)

Tyres are going wider by 10mm all round next time.

Do you wheels sit flush on the front? I'm worried if I got for an 8.5 ET35 they will sit too far back,

Don't really want to waste even more money on wheels than I have already!

Car looks lovely btw (I'm jealous you have volks, they one of my all time favourite wheels)

got my car booked in at SRD next month for BPU...

i have some decisions to make, weather to spend £1000 on an uprated SMIC and keep my front aero or get a FMIC and get a different lip... hmm

also, TTC has been brought up in conversation, is anyone running TTC? and what do people think of it?

what do people think should i go just Full BPU or Full BPU and TTC?

got my car booked in at SRD next month for BPU...

i have some decisions to make, weather to spend £1000 on an uprated SMIC and keep my front aero or get a FMIC and get a different lip... hmm

also, TTC has been brought up in conversation, is anyone running TTC? and what do people think of it?

what do people think should i go just Full BPU or Full BPU and TTC?

1k on a SMIC! Try £350: http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/intercoolers/garage-whifbitz-1637.html

I'd go this route and keep the car as OEM as possible. The active spoiler is one of the coolest features of the car.

Wouldn't bother with TTC mode, again keep it working as an OEM car. The kick at 4000rpm when BPU is a big enough. :)

well this is what I was thinking about keeping it as stock as possible.... was thinking of going for a Chis Wilson SMIC hence why it was more pricey but it also rated for more horsies than the Whifbitz one, so should be fine if I decided to go single turbo

I do love the look of a FMIC though, makes the car look menacing, decisions decisions

well this is what I was thinking about keeping it as stock as possible.... was thinking of going for a Chis Wilson SMIC hence why it was more pricey but it also rated for more horsies than the Whifbitz one, so should be fine if I decided to go single turbo

I do love the look of a FMIC though, makes the car look menacing, decisions decisions

Can always put it back to stock mate, just garage the bits.