The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My house attacked my car!

Fifty

Bummer

Just got back from B&Q when 5 mins later a slate coming flying off the roof (again) and kills my windscreen, dents the bonnet and smashes a wiper arm.

I am having some serious bad luck these days :cry: :cry:

I reckon the house roof is screwed so thatll be £4000 and guess what Screen is not available - any advise there?

It'll be £50 excess but they cant source one at the moment -bloody typical my first claim for a car ever.

Does anyone know where I can buy a wiper arm and the blade thingy from?

Also is it possible to go somewhere and have chips and small dents done; its a silver car so I guess really hard to touch in.

On the bright side it could have been worse but now I have nowhere to park!

DSCF0002r.jpg

Also is it possible to go somewhere and have chips and small dents done; its a silver car so I guess really hard to touch in.

Check out ChipsAway. When I asked a similar question, these people came highly recommended from several different sources! Their workmanship is supposed to be second-to-none.

On the other hand, when I recently scuffed my car, I couldn't afford to have it done professionally, so I thought I'd have a stab myself. My Supra is also Silver, and by some miracle, the Toyota silver spray paint from Halfords was a spot-on match!

So I've done it myself and it looks pretty good... Still need to lacquer to get the finish to match the rest of the panel.

Also, while looking for some good tips on how to do DIY paint touch ups, I came across this site.

HTH

Find out wether your insurance company would deal with autoglass and ring them stating all the vehicle details and you need to ask fro 8284ABLGN and a 8284ASMC,these are the product codes for the glass and the trim thats needed when the screen gets done,just tell them that it was vandalised as opposed to the roof tile hitting it,they should have them in stock and can in most cases get them next day,you should be looking at around #50 for the priviledge too!

Just rang up to find out if theres any screens available and they have 1 screen left in the country,Thers no trims available but birmingham branch have 1 that is reserved on a job,If that customer doesnt have that screen fitted then you could have that one,If not i will have to be ordered in from toyota