The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dbw throttle?

Parry_10

Hi guys,

Some of you may know I am building 1000+ hp supra no expense spared pretty much have the best of everything for the car. Now I've gone with a vvti head and heard about this dbw throttle.

My questions are what parts do I need for this and what difference will this make to my car.

Thanks in advance

Chris

It was all done as a single upgrade with the Big Twins, and I had it done to cure my paranoia about sticking throttles after my previous car tried to kill me.

The driving was very smooth, progressive and assured. It did give an extra dimension to the Syvecs TC setup and the blip on downshift. The Syvecs could close the throttle rather than just cut timing, spark and fuel. It was very nice. I would definitely go and do it again.

I was just happy that I did it first :)

H

It was all done as a single upgrade with the Big Twins, and I had it done to cure my paranoia about sticking throttles after my previous car tried to kill me.

The driving was very smooth, progressive and assured. It did give an extra dimension to the Syvecs TC setup and the blip on downshift. The Syvecs could close the throttle rather than just cut timing, spark and fuel. It was very nice. I would definitely go and do it again.

I was just happy that I did it first :)

It's tempting for sure. Not sure I want to ruin the loon of my hypertune intake and throttle body though

H

It's tempting for sure. Not sure I want to ruin the loon of my hypertune intake and throttle body though

We are having adaptors made at the moment to bolt the Bosch DBW throttle bodies on to the Hypertune inlets, they will be a direct fit, just like our adaptors for the stock inlets. We can also supply a pedal that is a direct bolt in too, along with wiring looms to connect to the Syvecs as well! Basically a full kit.

It'll all need pinning in to the Syvecs and configured though of course.

We are having adaptors made at the moment to bolt the Bosch DBW throttle bodies on to the Hypertune inlets, they will be a direct fit, just like our adaptors for the stock inlets. We can also supply a pedal that is a direct bolt in too, along with wiring looms to connect to the Syvecs as well! Basically a full kit.

It'll all need pinning in to the Syvecs and configured though of course.

Awesome Paul how much would I be looking at for a kit?