The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift Front + PT6266 + S6GP ECU questions

RyanGodley

Merry crimbo to all!

I have just a couple of questions..

Are there any differences in the shape of the front bumper from the year 1993 to when they went facelift?

I ask because I'm thinking about doing the facelift front headlight + Indicator conversion, but don't want to end up with panel gaps around the lights.

Am I better off getting a Facelift front bumper?

On a slightly related topic, what do you guys that have one think of the PT 6266 Turbo Kit?

One if not both of my turbos are leaking oil into my intercooler and instead of getting them rebuilt I'd like to whip them out and go single.

I've seen lots of videos on the Precision pt6266 and people seem to be easily reaching 650-750hp, which is spot on.

Any advise, even on similar spec turbos (HKS, Borg Warner, Boost lab) would be fully appreciated, I'd like to get as much info on the subject as possible, before I go ahead.

Oh I'm also looking to run a Syvecs S6GP ECU with a toucan touch display - Any info on this ECU kit + Display would be great too as again I've heard lots of good things but don't know if there might be some hidden bugs or better versions from different suppliers.

Cheers guys

There won't be any need for a facelift front bumper the conversion will work fine with a pre facelift front bumper.

As for the turbo kit best to contact Lee P at SRD, as he supplies the precision turbo with his own kit. James (Theturtleshead) has fitted the same kit with very impressive results so worth a look. Details of the kit can be found on SRD's page.

SRD can also supply you with a syvecs and all the necessary sensors. As for the display you can fit a toucan screen on your dash. Unless your looking to fit the kit yourself then I highly recommended you contacting SRD about supplying and fitting all of the above.

You'll need other supporting mods for your goals, such as clutch, fuel pumps, injectors etc. Though like I said best to look at James' build thread as he has achieved similar results to your goals.

Pre facelift and Facelift bumper skins are the same shape and fitment, to facelift a prefacelift bumper you need the facelift front indicators where you drill a extra hole for the side bolt, side indicators where you cut the bumper to fit them, a facelift grill bar, drill 2 holes on each side of the intake and that's it.

There won't be any need for a facelift front bumper the conversion will work fine with a pre facelift front bumper.

As for the turbo kit best to contact Lee P at SRD, as he supplies the precision turbo with his own kit. James (Theturtleshead) has fitted the same kit with very impressive results so worth a look. Details of the kit can be found on SRD's page.

SRD can also supply you with a syvecs and all the necessary sensors. As for the display you can fit a toucan screen on your dash. Unless your looking to fit the kit yourself then I highly recommended you contacting SRD about supplying and fitting all of the above.

You'll need other supporting mods for your goals, such as clutch, fuel pumps, injectors etc. Though like I said best to look at James' build thread as he has achieved similar results to your goals.

Cheers Abtin, I remember looking at James' thread a while ago when he was doing the 6 speed conversion. Love that dark green man and yeah as you say spot on what I'm after lol.

What's the difference between the SRD and the Whifbitz pt6266 kits? I've had a Whifbitz 3'' stainless pipe installed by Paul + Co and would like to stick to the same blokes. (Tots no offense to SRD!)

On a slightly related topic, what do you guys that have one think of the PT 6266 Turbo Kit?

One if not both of my turbos are leaking oil into my intercooler and instead of getting them rebuilt I'd like to whip them out and go single.

I've seen lots of videos on the Precision pt6266 and people seem to be easily reaching 650-750hp, which is spot on.

Oil in your intercooler is almost certainly the engine breather and not the turbos. If you have smoke at hot idle, thats leaking oil.

Oil in your intercooler is almost certainly the engine breather and not the turbos. If you have smoke at hot idle, thats leaking oil.

Hmm, well I took the car to Paul, he looked it over, took apart my intercooler pipework and came to that conclusion.

I still have both my cats installed which could be filtering the smoke exiting the exhaust? Because there is no noticeable smoke really.

It seems to be more than coincidence that the turbo has gone from making a nice precise turbo whine, to a horrible screeching whine, about a month after the new exhaust was fitted.

Why would the engine breather be letting by if it did turn out to be that?

Ah you didn't say they were whining ;) Thats how the breather system works, it exits into the intake pipework from the cam covers so you're always going to get some oil in there.

Ah my bad, it wasn't whining when I took it to him, about a month after it did though. Just some weird super loud whine, not a good sound!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, do you have a build thread??

Ah nice one how does she drive now compared to the twin setup? I'm on the fence right now as to whether I go all out on a single conversion, or just upgrade to hybrid+

Either way Paul recommends the supporting mods to be done anyway so its just this turbo, plus there's sale on at whifbitz at the mo!!!

If you want to go twins go.big twins hybrids in my opinion won't get you to your 600+ goals and if that's the plan for.the future then bite the bullet and do.it now as it will.save you money in the long run.

Single is single :) less things to go wrong less heat around that area as there only one tubby still stupid hot when your on it though :D twins and single drive completely different if twins are set up sequacial.

I'd go single but as said previously speak to Lee at SRD or Paul at whifblitz as there tell you all the supporting mods needed along with the best ecu for you :)

Hey bud. Yeah it's far better with the single setup now. Boost comes on just under 3500rpm and she flys. Also strangely enough the single setup seems to be the safer bet in terms of reliability because it can safely take more boost.

Be aware though you will need to consider supporting mods, such as bigger brakes and uprated pads, uprated clutch. I would definitely recommend the spec stage 1 clutch with this setup, it's sooo easy to drive, takes very little effort.

Overall I would say in the long run you save yourself money with the quality of the single kit. I always had issues here and there trying to get more power from hybrid twins when I had them, plus I had to get a syvecs ecu just to map them.

If you want to go twins go.big twins hybrids in my opinion won't get you to your 600+ goals and if that's the plan for.the future then bite the bullet and do.it now as it will.save you money in the long run.

Single is single :) less things to go wrong less heat around that area as there only one tubby still stupid hot when your on it though :D twins and single drive completely different if twins are set up sequacial.

I'd go single but as said previously speak to Lee at SRD or Paul at whifblitz as there tell you all the supporting mods needed along with the best ecu for you :)

Yeah as you say there's less to go wrong with a single, more space in the bay, looks better, sounds better. Pretty much a no brainer, its just the cost that's putting me off!