The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra single turbo syvecs ecu questions?

supra_24

Hi guys,

recently had a single turbo conversion done on the supra and a syvecs ecu fitted and mapped on tesco 99 super unleaded/V-power.

Car was mapped at Litchfields Dyno with the help of I believe Ryan from syvecs.

I had a Garage Whifbitz T4 twin wastegate twin scroll single turbo kit for the Supra fitted and setup with Borg Warner S300 SXE turbo.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/garage-whifbitz-2107.html

Silent hi power hks exhaust.

Full decat

Syvecs S6 ecu

Brand new 450 fuel pump.

Car only run on V-power and tesco 99 super unleaded.

New uprated spark plugs etc.

2 things I have noticed that I just wanted to run by you guys for peace of mind is the following:

1) With the mapped syvecs ecu on cold startup, the ecu takes a little longer to intially crank the engine, compared to original ecu. Is this just the behaviour of syvecs to crank around 4 times after turning the key and then starting the engine?

2) I have also noticed that there was a bit of black dry soot around the exhaust and covering an area of ground near to the exhaust. The car recently had sat for about 4 days during christmas period before being started up again. Is the soot build up normal or does anyone else experience this?

Someone did mention carbon build up and condensation in exhaust, especially if it hadnt beenn run for a long journey in a while.

The car has been mapped at Litchfields via whifbitz and syvecs and was double checked over to make sure everything was spot on. Car runs fine and drives/idles smooth. No smoke of any kind from what I can see.

Any help and advise on this as always is appreciated.

Cheers.

Yeah cranks more than it did with the standard ecu.

Sounds like it cranks 3 to 4 times and then fires up.

So like crank, crank, crank, crank, fire.

Runs perfectly after initial crank startup.

You wouldn't have any ideas on the black soot either mate would you?

Been told its carbon and moisture build up in exhaust?

I believe the Syvecs does it for safety reasons, I think it because it checks the engine has the correct oil pressure and everything is okay before firing. We have a Syvecs fitted and it does the same.

I asked Ryan about the same thing my syvecs and there is a code in there where you set the number of cranks before the engine is allowed to fire - Ryan did say that it's better to crank the oil through the engine before firing - sounds sensible :-)