The mkiv Supra Owners Club

foglights

Irvy

hi folks

am looking for some advice on how others have resolved this problem.

as you can see from the pic i have removed the SVA bolt on fog light to spur me on to replace it with either a more aesthetic one or to alter lighting in some way to incorporate the foglight elsewhere.

I do need to cover the hole left and wonder about Miami GTs silver covers or those big black wedges?any decent pix of the silver ones on a soop?

I also want to keep my rear lights as twins both for night driving and brakes.

Any ideas? ...this is on the basis that all will say use the offside reverse which i think may be the option but i already cant see behind me with the two that are there let alone one!!!

any advice would be helpful

thanx for reading this far

Irvine

P1010101.JPG

You need to do the relay mod, that makes your rear lights work as normal with the fogs off, and lights up one pair at high intensity all the time when you turn the fogs on.

Here's the link.

As for covering the holes, I had a larger rear plate made which covers them and has the registration on one line rather than two, but then I wanted a single line plate anyway as it's a personalised jobby.

I spent £22 + £5 p&p for one of these Mod kits that uses the inner brake lights as fog lights. Works fine.

However, I was a bit disappointed with what I got;

1 x SPDT 30A relay

5 x spade connecters

5 x inline splices

2' of twin core household wire

6" household earth wire

4 tywraps

and some Mickey Mouse instructions

Apart from the £1.50 relay and the instructions, most of us will have these items in our garage or shed.

The kit also assumed that a bolt on fog light has been fitted because the kit uses the existing switch and wire.

The mod is so simple anyone could do it. I don't think I'll put anyone out of business if I offer to write and post the modification instructions on here if there are enough people wanting them.

The mod is so simple anyone could do it. I don't think I'll put anyone out of business if I offer to write and post the modification instructions on here if there are enough people wanting them.

Les, do it!!!! This is my next mod. My current fog is in one of the reversing lights and its pants. People keep saying I got a bulb out in one of my reversing lights!