The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3D Art piece by dwell

Supraleeturbo

Hi I'm selling the piece of 3D art by dwell for a client of mine as she's far to busy to sell her self, I will get a picture up if there is any interest, from what I know it's the only one made so you would be the only person to have this

The price is £1000 or offer plus postage as a few people think it's priced far too cheap as it doesn't go with her new house and won't go with any of her other properties

Thanks and merry Christmas

I can programme my cnc machine to make that out of aluminium, doesn't make it art [emoji4]

If you were an artist it would.

People say that the bits Rob's gold plating on his car are a 'work of art' so what's the difference. I'm not saying you need to debate what art is, it's subjective.

But to try and sell this as an 'art piece' to a bunch of gear heads probably isn't the best way to go about it. First of all, call it what it is. It's 3D art which sells better when called Sculpture. Second it needs a name or a title. Even if it's 'Untitled Sculpture 3', a named piece creates a sense of thought and uniqueness which is what people are looking for when buying something other than a print. It's also priced too cheap. When people who collect or buy art spend money, they're not looking for a bargain, they're looking for something they can take pride in showing others knowing that they paid a lot of money for it. It's a symbol of affluence.

It also helps to have a small blurb about the piece, 'Untitled Sculpture 3 is the continuation of a body of work based around the abstract aftermath of vehicle collisions. The work is designed to show a sense of entropy as the original shape of metal takes on a different form', or whatever. It gives the buyer something to tell people when they look at it.

Whack the price up, give it a name and sell it somewhere suitable. Or just throw it in a skip. Then make 500 more and throw them in the same skip and call it 'The transient nature of our disposable society' and submit it for the turner prize.

Its rather sad that just because some supposedly qualified people say a pile of bricks is art, it makes people with no talent lots of money, conversely it saddens me to see some really creative/talented people paint/draw/carve etc some really impressive pieces, yet they get little or no recognition for their work, and pile of brick person walks away with fame and fortune, as they say art is in the eye of the beholder.....but all I can say is some people need a better eye!;)

Its rather sad that just because some supposedly qualified people say a pile of bricks is art, it makes people with no talent lots of money, conversely it saddens me to see some really creative/talented people paint/draw/carve etc some really impressive pieces, yet they get little or no recognition for their work, and pile of brick person walks away with fame and fortune, as they say art is in the eye of the beholder.....but all I can say is some people need a better eye!;)

A pile of bricks is just a pile of bricks until you put them into context. Maybe they came from the rubble of an old steel works where 100 people lost their lives and they've been place in an environment for the public to come and reflect on the event. You can smell the fire, the smoke, you can see the burned faces of bricks and feel the damp from the moisture they still retain after the fire had been extinguished. If it makes you feel something or evokes a reaction, even apathy... It's done it's job as a piece of art. It's all about context.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.