The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member from Germany :)

Planlos1988

Hello Supra Drivers :D

the first thing i would say is.. Excuse me for my bad english but i will try and hope you all can understand me or what i will say :innocent:

My name is Patrick and im located in Germany Bremerhaven, 27 years old and a big japanese Sports car fan for many years and drive a 1993 TT AT UK-Spec Supra Mkiv a Celica St185 Carlos Sainz and a Celica St182 Convertable.

All beganns as my father buys his new Toyota Celica T18 At180 in 1992 where i was 4 years old. I loved this car from the first moment and when i was older i know that this would be my first car..

So i buyed an old Toyota Celica At180 when i was 18 and drived it for 3 years but then i whant more power :) i knows the toyota supra but that much money i dosent have at this young years so i looked after an Toyota Celica st185... But dosent find one good that was in my budget.. So i bought a Celica St182.. Drived it for 2 years und searched again.. it was a hot summer und a convertable was perfekt and the price of that one i found also so i bought it.. but a few month later i cant wait much longer and searched again to a Celica St185.. And found one good and it was also a verry rare carlos sainz. I was verry happy sold my first Celica at180 because more than 3 cars i cant handle and have no place to keep it dry :)

Arround two good years later where i can work hard and make enough money the moment was come to look arround for a good rhd toyta supra mkiv twinturbo.. i whant a eu-spec because of the better turbos, active spoiler and so on... after a while i sold my second car the celica st182 and i find a good supra and was verry happy about it :) i love to drive my supra, there is no better car i thought i could have.. a loooooong dream was come true :)

at the moment i have my supra arround a year and the moment has come to make some things that must be done..

First the engine becomes a complete rebuild..

then the turbos where rebuild and become better compressor wheels..

next step is a new smic from CW or Whifbitz and a hardpipe Kit. SMIC because i whant to keep my active spoiler :)

then i will install a hks fuel cut defencer, greddy profec b boostcontroller, a few gauges for oil presure, afr and so on.., a hks turbotimer and at the last and my biggest problem.. a HKS SLD Type6 that eliminates the 250km/h / 155mph barrier.. i searched for it in german forums and ebay for a long time but cant find one for a uk-spec tt at.... if anyone have one for sale i will buy it and pay it promptly verry fast!!

So please help me to buy one.. :search:

So, thats my story in my best freewriting english :D hope you can understand it.

Im verry pleased to be hear and excited about the people here and hope anyone can help me out with my SLD search..

At the last.. A few sexy pictures from my supra for you all :)

IMG_20150511_192640.jpg

IMG_20150511_192701.jpg

IMG_20150511_192714.jpg

IMG_20150511_192737.jpg

IMG_20150511_192802.jpg

IMG_20150511_192723.jpg

IMG_20150511_192814.jpg

Edited by Planlos1988 (see edit history)

yes but it eliminates only the 180Km/h barrier from the j-spec model and dosent work with the 250Km/h barrier from the EU- or UK-Spec models... i think its because the TRC and TRAC from EU- and J-Spec where different.. And i have a 1993 supra AT.. and the AT HKS sld type 2 is only for models 1997 and up..

And what should i have to do to write in the "Party Wanted" ?

Edited by Planlos1988 (see edit history)

yes i can but for the stability of the AT i dont whant to completly deactivate the TRC system.. i thought about a seperate switch that i can deactivate the fuse in 4th gear und reactivate it if im slower but the error in the TRC-Ecu will be there and i have to restart the car before the error is erashed and the TRC will work.. And thats bad.. i think the best Way is a HKS SLD Type 6 but also the worst because to finde one is verry hard i thought... But if anyone have one for sale that works perfectly then i will pay nearly the new price for it.. :)

Hi and welcome :)

Great looking car. I love how clean it looks stock :thumbs:

It's pretty much the same model I have, although I've not yet had the need to remove the 155mph limiter.

I understand your dilemma about wanting to keep the Traction Control active as its meant to be superior to the j-spec version although still not perfect (I always leave mine on but it can catch you out pulling away from junctions if there are things like loose stones on the rd)

If you can't find the rare part you are after, you could maybe look into race logic traction control? Not sure if it would just have the same problem though.

Other option is an aftermarket ECU but that could be expensive.

Good luck with the search, and I might have a profec b spec 2 that I'm going to sell if I ever get round to it so keep an eye out ;)

Thank you guys :)

Hope to find one of these HKS SLD Type 6 because it will be the easiest and cheapest way.. Its not a realy big problem with the 155mph limiter because i dont drive that much so fast. but sometimes i will do and in germany i can do it legal so it would be grate if i can do that :cool:

• 5 weeks later...

and i know but before i buy it new from Whifbitz i thought i ask if anyone has a used one and dont need it. The new one is not this expensive but if anyone has a used one in good conditions cheaper then i will buy that :)

What should i do to post in Sell/Search area?

You need to get membership Patrick.

Hi Planlos1988,

Nice supra you have :) I'm from slovenia and have a jspec 94 N/A 5 spd. I'm very pleased with her :D

For using the sections "for sale and search" you must be a member. Here are the details, how to become one http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?82442-Club-Membership-Details-Including-Trader-amp-Hobbyist-Membership-Rules

Cheers,

Edvard