The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air ride or air bag suspension

dodec j

If done properly, air suspension can handle very well and out perform expensive coilovers. I'm sure there's been a few threads already on here.

The downsides are price 3K+ for a set up and i'm guessing increased weight?

edit, here's one - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?308332-Air-ride&highlight=air+ride+suspension

Fingers crossed the price will come down over the next few years. I'd love it on my Supra. I think it'd be great for a street car. If I spent a lot of time on the track I'd stick to expensive coilovers.

Edited by Dr_Doom (see edit history)

In some ways would be really handy, no more having to crawl over speedbumps or drive at 0.5 mph up my drive :)

Tell me about it!

(Nerd warning) The new Tesla car has height adjustable suspension which uses geofencing. Using GPS the car knows/learns when to raise and lower the suspension. So as you turn down the road to your house the car automatically raises up ready to go up your drive way. Same could be applied to roads with speed bumps / potholes etc.

So clever! :cool:

I have this fitted to my Supra, one switch raises or lowers the car on air, the pump and tank are in the void for the spare wheel, such a great mod for speedbumps and potholes

That's surprising :)

It's definitely an air ride system, and not a lift kit? Air ride seems like an odd choice for a car like yours.

I have this fitted to my Supra, one switch raises or lowers the car on air, the pump and tank are in the void for the spare wheel, such a great mod for speedbumps and potholes

Any chance of some pics or a video. I was looking into this nd saw the d2 kit on eBay. What kit did you go for?

That's surprising :)

It's definitely an air ride system, and not a lift kit? Air ride seems like an odd choice for a car like yours.

I got a feeling it is a lift kit. Ibrar developed a nifty lift kit for his red beast!

All the Lamborghini's have them, which then lowered down after you go over a certain speed (think it was 20mph).

I got a feeling it is a lift kit. Ibrar developed a nifty lift kit for his red beast!

All the Lamborghini's have them, which then lowered down after you go over a certain speed (think it was 20mph).

Its this kit, its not a show thing (although it gets a lot of attention in town lifting for speed bumps!), Price is interesting !

http://www.intensepower.com/topseadsukit.html

That price is obscene! :D

Yeah, that's a lift kit. Proper air ride completely replaces the coil springs. I assumebthe lifters must be fitted to the top mounts?

It's not hard to imagine that your car may well have had £100k plus build cost with components like this :cool:

That price is obscene! :D

Yeah, that's a lift kit. Proper air ride completely replaces the coil springs. I assumebthe lifters must be fitted to the top mounts?

It's not hard to imagine that your car may well have had £100k plus build cost with components like this :cool:

Its fitted to the top mounts of genuine TopSecret coilovers, I don't doubt for one minute that the car must have cost a small fortune to build, I took it to a garage tonight to check tyre pressures and top up screen wash etc, had people taking pictures of the car and getting quite excited about it

The business opportunity I had facing me is almost gone now, if it does not sell by the new year I am going to keep it

$9.5K for the kit alone not fitted !

http://www.intensepower.com/topsefievwik.html

Edited by tooquicktostop (see edit history)