The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first N/A-T

trebor69

Desperate for more power I picked up a spare engine that had been sat in a garage for some months and also purchased an XS kit, I started by removing the inlet "Y" to get to the plugs DSC_0505.2.jpgDSC_0506.2.jpgDSC_0507.2.jpgDSC_0508.2.jpg I think this must have seen some rain.

Purchased one of these too DSC_0513.2.jpg for the auxiliary tensioner pulley .

This is a quick mock up DSC_0540.2.jpg I was hoping to pick up some of these DSC_0541.2.jpg but can't seem to find any so I ordered some universal sensors.

So on to drilling the sump, I had considered doing this on my motor that is in the car (while it's still fitted) but it's a good job I didn't as there is absolutely loads of swarf from the drill bit, I used a 20mm bit DSC_0550.jpgDSC_0551.jpgDSC_0552.2.jpgDSC_0554 (1).jpg and tapped the threads to 6mmx1.0 then resealed the sump DSC_0555.000.jpg.

After removing the top timing belt cover and considering the water in the plug wells I decided to have the crank pulley off and check the condition of the belt and tensioner , after finding the cambelt tensioner pulley rusty I replaced the belt , pulley and tensioner along with the crank pulley DSC_0565 (1).jpgDSC_0566 (1).jpg.

Edited by trebor69 (see edit history)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always had problems uploading pic's on here, please bare with me,

I was having a few problems with the oil return but then settled on this DSC_0571 (1).jpgDSC_0573.1.jpgDSC_0574.jpgDSC_0575.jpgDSC_0576.jpgDSC_0577.jpg

Now I've started putting her back together DSC_0581.jpgDSC_0582.jpgDSC_0583.jpg

This is where I am up to at the moment, I am waiting on a few bits to arrive then will connect the oil feed up properly then get round to the wiring up of the Emanage blue.

I'm gonna drop the whole engine in, just have to add a few bits from mine like air con pump, power steering pump and alternator, it should be an easier swap than the 1j but it will need a little fettling and a map to run spot on, I already have a base map on the Emanage I'm fitting which will get me started but it'll need mapping properly. I can tell you now that the 1jz is a cheaper swap than a new XS kit plus accessories as long as you find a reasonably priced one

I really miss my 1JZ and am kicking myself for selling it but hey ho.....this will be much quicker ;)

Did you do everything yourself? I might be contacting you for some tips if i manage to gather the balls to tackle mine myself too. Its looking good! I remember you've been collecting parts for a while. Did you not open up the engine at all, just kept it stock?

Yes I'm doing it myself, it's not difficult and all the info is out there.....somewhere, no I've not opened the engine but I gather from the plugs that it was running fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Were did you get thw xs kit.

I now own a na-t which had all work done but needs a bit of tidying ect. Will be following this thread to see how you go.

The kit was purchased from SSAUTOCHROME.

Yes I'm doing it myself, it's not difficult and all the info is out there.....somewhere, no I've not opened the engine but I gather from the plugs that it was running fine.

Glad to hear this, till this thread ive not read what size hole needs drilling in the oil pan for the return line, or what size threads need to be cut into the two holes either side of it - good info. What did you use for the oil feed, the lexus bolt or did you run it off a sandwich plate?

Glad to hear this, till this thread ive not read what size hole needs drilling in the oil pan for the return line, or what size threads need to be cut into the two holes either side of it - good info. What did you use for the oil feed, the lexus bolt or did you run it off a sandwich plate?

I'll be using a sandwich plate as my bolt for the oil filter housing has a sensor and plug that connects into the engine loom and I'd rather just leave that connected than fit a lexus bolt and have the plug disconnected and "hanging" so to speak, both work fine plus the sandwich plate will take my oil cooler pipes when I eventually put one on.

Test fitted the wastegate and screamer pipe although that screamer needs cutting down and I've also shown some pics of the HT lead configuration, I found that you can remove the plastic locating caps (the ones that have N, A, C etc on them) to configure the best routing of the leads for the new 4runner cap DSC_0585.jpgDSC_0588.jpgDSC_0589.jpgDSC_0586.jpgDSC_0587.jpg