The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hello supra people

nowak

Thought ad introduce my self and my new toy.

Picked it up yesterday morning, its an N/A auto (basic of the basics model still its a lovely car), bought it down in cumbria borrow in furness, yous might of seen it it was for sale on ebay but it was through a small garage, its a black import supra with a huge carbon fibre spoiler and gold split rims, think that supra might of been on this forum as it has the sticker in the back window. Owner of the garage himself is on this forum too.

Anyway thats all from me for now i dont know what else to say. I would of post a picture but my phone is not letting me:(, al try and upload one later.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ohh hahaha, yeah was thinking about a ridox front bumper and take the spoiler of, leaving it spoilerless and first thing is to tidy up wee scuffs here and there, and the idle is high at 1500 rpm so i need to find out what up with that then maybe a turbo conversion once i can fund it, and if the missus lets me

Its alright ha, Yeah thats what i though when i saw the car itll be getting taken off, someone might buy it its full carbon fibre.. its just not my taste, i think they look quite nice with no spoiler, will need to find someone to weld up the holes and paint it

Well until you're sure about keeping it without a wing just get some black rubber bungs and pop them in the holes

with a dab of sealer on them and you'll hardly notice them

My old car wingless

I didn't weld up the tailgate as I quite liked having the option of using it with the TRD wing one day

and without it the next :)

DSCF0910.JPG

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Ohh hahaha, yeah was thinking about a ridox front bumper and take the spoiler of, leaving it spoilerless and first thing is to tidy up wee scuffs here and there, and the idle is high at 1500 rpm so i need to find out what up with that then maybe a turbo conversion once i can fund it, and if the missus lets me😂

Check your 02 sensor for high immisons

Just had mot and emissions were fine mate, and i think they might be volks they need a refurb but, its just the idle sitting at 1500rpm read couple of threads on here it could be the idle valve

Other things you can look at for this are:

- Check all vacuum lines, check there is no leak. As import non turbo supra use the map system, they compensate for leaks by increasing idle speed.

- All na supra's have a cold start where they rev up high to 1500-2000rpm until engine is warm, make sure it isn't this

- Check your ignition timing is set at 10 BTDC

- I have noticed that the non turbo throttle bodies can suffer from a sticky throttle if they are high mileage. You can see if this is happening by pressing the stop on the throttle body that sits below the adjuster till it goes back down. If the revs drop, then this is part of the issue. You can try cleaning out the throttle body/iacv but if it makes no difference then I'd get another second hand TB, I had to do this to mine before it started idle'ing @ 800-900

- If you are really handy with mechanics, then also check your TPS sensor position outlined in the Supra repair manual. I wouldn't bother touching this unless you have the right tools however.