The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage Humidity

Big Supes

Evening chaps,

As it's that time of year again, I've been thinking about damp/humidity in my garage. Luckily it's not too bad in there, but I did notice my rear bumper was a little wet when I brought it outside to run up last weekend.

My current plan is to swap out a few bricks for vented bricks and attach a small fan to blow air out of the garage, drawing in fresh out from outside through my cat flap and possibly an additional vented brick.

Has anyone done anthing similar to this? I've considered a dehumidifier, but I'm not sure who effective it would be in comparison.

Any other thoughts on this?

Evening chaps,

As it's that time of year again, I've been thinking about damp/humidity in my garage. Luckily it's not too bad in there, but I did notice my rear bumper was a little wet when I brought it outside to run up last weekend.

My current plan is to swap out a few bricks for vented bricks and attach a small fan to blow air out of the garage, drawing in fresh out from outside through my cat flap and possibly an additional vented brick.

Has anyone done anthing similar to this? I've considered a dehumidifier, but I'm not sure who effective it would be in comparison.

Any other thoughts on this?

Remember if it is damp outside, you will pull damp air in. De mid, said above. Maybe a small fan to assist air movement. Single or double garage.

Dehumidifiers will do the job for sure. If you get one, make sure it is a desiccant one rather than compressor, so it will work in low temperatures like you will have in the garage. I have one made by Meaco and it works a treat.

Thanks for the advice mate, I'll bare that in mind. :thumbs:

Remember if it is damp outside, you will pull damp air in. De mid, said above. Maybe a small fan to assist air movement. Single or double garage.

I think this is true, but only to a degree. Damp is mainly caused by condensation so a simple ventilation fix should make a big difference. I will carry out a before & after test on the humidity so we should have a good idea if it works or not. :)

Single garage.