The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A Skyline owner thinking of jumping ship :-)

Guest Scarified

Guest Scarified

Hi folks,

Thought I would join up to investigate all things MKIV Supra. I currently own an R32GTST Skyline which I imported 9 years ago and am the only UK owner. I love it to bits and it has got me through hard times having lost my driving licence twice in this time because of my stupid Epilepsy.

I'm seriously considering changing it now and a Supra is all that appeals. It would have to be a manual and a turbo as i'm used to that transmission and power level i'm used to now. My R32 is currently putting down 300bhp and I've got the injectors and bits just waiting to go in it to bring it to a safe tune of around 360bhp with match torque, doing this may make me keep the car longer though.

It's the little things that are getting to me now like the air con has given up and the gas is illegal now so I can't fix it. I've just had wider arches put on the rear and i'm not happy with them now. As it's just hit 100,000 miles a few other bits are wearing out as well. On the flip side I know the car very well and although I haven't looked after the exterior very well, underneath it's solid. Under the car it's like triggers broom.

It's tough as I'm keen for a change but I know it'll break my heart to see this go. Going to do my research well first. The other option I have been thinking about though is my friend is looking to sell his Lexus ISF as he wants an RCZ.

Think I just want to investigate and not rush into anything.

Speak soon :-)

Guest Scarified

Cheers guys, must admit i'm not a huge fan of the R33 Skyline as it feel a lot bigger and less nimble than mine. This is something that really concerns me with the Supra as it is a bigger car. Definately not a dreamer mate. Well aware of the cost of running something like this and what this kind of car is like to drive. I'll just find some photos of mine to throw up :-)

I sold my supra to buy an R33 GTR V-spec, great car and turned heads everywhere but just wasn't raw enough in the power department for me! To cut a long story short (you can search on here and find the story), I bought back my supra cause I missed it and preferred it! I now own both and will eventually sell the GTR lol

They are completely different cars in leagues of their own! I recommend you go out a test drive/passenger ride in the various varieties of supra and get a fell to see what you think bud :thumbs: