The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear diff mounts

The Raven

Ok im back on the whole N/a only has one mount problem again.

Im now not far from having all the bits to BPU and sort the suspension out on the car. However i need the second single bolt mount. Mr T want a stupid amount of money for it £140 however i have found these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-JZA80-Rear-Diff-Differential-Rear-Mounting-Bush-Kit-SuperPro-Poly-/331712915263?fits=Model%3ASupra&hash=item4d3ba1673f:g:UU0AAOSwcdBWTtsT

Anyone used them? are they what i need? if not does anyone have an old one i can buy?

This would be where the extra fitting kit comes from. There was a huge long discussion on the Facebook supra page about the need to have extra spacers and kit if you where over 400 bhp. I will continue to wait and see what people come up with. I hear you can't us solid mounts without doing all of them? Now these have a no bpu warning. One thing is for sure a mount will be better than no mount in my case.

Thanks for all the replays so far if possible could someone do a thread when they fit them?

I fitted one to an NA in the summer.

The missing one can be fitted with the diff out (I think I may have had the fuel tank cover off, but definitely no subframe dropping etc necessary)

Couple of points, its worth cleaning out and rubbing down the hole that has been left to the elements all these years. Basically remove surface rust and make it smooth. I would be tempted to lubricate the hole too but not sure if say copper grease would be advisable, I think it would be ok as it's metal on metal.

I had some metal discs made up, with centre holes and a threaded metal rod through the middle and then 'just' wound it in. I say just as it was tough, but I don't think I cleaned out the bore enough to be honest. It is certainly harder to remove them so be mindful of that when you go to fit it.

Might be able to send you the bits if you like, when do you think you'll tackle it, over Christmas?