The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend some tyres!

Chris Bailey

Running toyo proxies on mine if you see my passengers face in the rain last night you would not chose them either ;) with the power your running I think it's a losing battle. I'm running r888's next year and accepting it's a toy

Yeah a little slippery when damp/wet but nothing that can't be controlled :)

R888's everytime - you wont be pushing it in the wet anyway, so why compromise ?

You may have to do an emergency stop in the rain because of someone else's driving though :)

I loved R888s on my single, but they're not suitable for daily drivers. Especially when you take into account the short life of the R888s, which makes them expensive tyres.

You may have to do an emergency stop in the rain because of someone else's driving though :)

I loved R888s on my single, but they're not suitable for daily drivers. Especially when you take into account the short life of the R888s, which makes them expensive tyres.

This maybe so, but i am pretty sure this isn't a Bailey daily ;)

The grip in second on R888's is simply something else. The cost of their short life more than pays for itself in smiles.

It's only standing water thats really a problem anyway, not the wet.

This maybe so, but i am pretty sure this isn't a Bailey daily ;)

The grip in second on R888's is simply something else. The cost of their short life more than pays for itself in smiles.

It's only standing water thats really a problem anyway, not the wet.

They're also terrible in the cold :D

I loved them, I was able to thrash an Evo 6 on a very twisty local Road largely because of the R888s and my TRD diff.

But like I said they're only suitable for a second car. I wouldn't run them on my current one, unless I got a spare set of wheels.

Also, they are terrible for picking up gravel, stones etc and throwing it into the wheelarches. My Top Secret spats were knackered within a few months of fitting R888s.

That will no doubt be the same for all soft compound track tyres though.

With that width I can see why you dont want R888, they are scary in a downpour

I had experiance of this on the way to Silverstone when the track car was road legal.

Went up the night before, ended up in torrential rain for the last 20 miles, I wish I got some footage of me trying to keep the car in a straight line going 40, I have never been so Knackered from driving.

I think I aged 10 years on that one night,