The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec TT 10k

Kendo11

That is a lot of miles for that money. If you were buying this as an investment, I am not sure it would be worth it. Would be curious to see how it drives and what condition the suspension is in.

H.

Definitely not an investment opportunity IMO.

Bit of reading on the company.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?292494-clive-s-performance-lancashire

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?322953-Clives-Performance

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?298909-1996-White-Twin-Turbo-3-0L-Auto-RZ-S-Facelift

Edited by Frank Bullitt
links added (see edit history)

I posted this ad the other day on FB, and thought I recognised the place then it struck me, Ive been there before.

Last year my brother was looking at an Evo 1 from there. Place is absolutely packed to the rafters with cars, I mean 2 units wall to wall with cars, Couple of Lambos, 911 turbos, another Supra was there at the time. Guy pitched up in the most battered Ford Focus Ive ever seen and proceeded to try and get me to fix a car for free that wouldnt even start.

Something didnt feel right.

A mint UK spec tt6 for 16k? More like an import for that price tbh lol

I'd have to disagree with you there, a mint UK spec will be more expensive than a import. It's all about supply and demand, there are no uk's for sale that I would say are mint but there are quite a few imports for sale in Japan although they are starting to dry up now.

I'd have to disagree with you there, a mint UK spec will be more expensive than a import. It's all about supply and demand, there are no uk's for sale that I would say are mint but there are quite a few imports for sale in Japan although they are starting to dry up now.

I can see lots for sale in Japan but prices seem to be very high, by the time you've shipped it here, added 20% vat and 10% duty

the otr price is getting silly

A site I look on has a 95 RZ done 60k up at $25,000 which will be over £20,000 here otr

I wanted to import a Landcruiser but its just not cost effective now

£10,000 for a huge mileage one? You have to be kidding. Makes the high, but much lower mileage J-Spec I sold last year seem cheap... And don't say it's a manual, a Getrag at those miles has to be a big bill in the waiting...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?296652-1994-Silver-Jap-spec-BPU-TT-auto-%A32950

I wonder what happened to that one I flogged?

My dads 2jz in his Lexus GS300 has 240,000 miles on it and it's not uncommon to hear of higher mileage examples.

I'd be taking into account extra wear and tear when viewing it but it looks great, and one visit to Toyota would have its full Toyota service history printed out ;)

The advert just says full service history and doesn't say its all at Toyota, shame as it would be interesting to know what's been replaced on it

over the years which you'd think would be a big list of parts

I think he means 5k extra would get you a mint import TT6 and not a UK.

Import prices have gone crazy over the last year... so much so, current Supra owners really need to be careful not to let them go too cheaply.

Whoever bought that one Chris got a bargain, and the cars probably worth £2k more than he paid now.

It was on a 3 digit Jersey plate and I don't know what it was re registered to, but it was a decent car, and would have been a good buy, I think it went to a trader, so it will probably be out in private ownership now.

Wow, finally one with more miles than mine:D ive got 203k on m J-spec and it still drive like the day i bought it (10 years ago 51k). Its had alot of work over the years and been looked after by the same garage. I think if you take care of them, the Supra is good for and incredible amount of miles

Wow, finally one with more miles than mine:D ive got 203k on m J-spec and it still drive like the day i bought it (10 years ago 51k). Its had alot of work over the years and been looked after by the same garage. I think if you take care of them, the Supra is good for and incredible amount of miles

Out of interest what parts have you replaced up until now