The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra newbie

matts-supra

hi everyone.

im matt

i finally got my first supra in November after wanting one forever really.

ive had a few other Toyotas like the mk6 celica and the mk2 mr2 ive also had a r33 gtst skyline, so i know my way round the jap cars. but i have always wanted a supra, unfortunately money has been a big factor with this purchase and i had to get myself a cat c needing repair.

car was still running and seems to drive fine but was only driven for loading and unloading. ive started to strip the front end and have managed to get a few bits all ready but i will be posting in the wanteds over the next few weeks. i am going to try to do a project thread as well as ive got a na auto and would like it to be a manual and turbo but im not looking for big power yet.

$_57 (1).jpg

$_57 (4).jpg

$_57 (3).jpg

$_57 (5).jpg

$_57 (11).jpg

Edited by matts-supra (see edit history)

Welcome! Looks like you've got yourself a big job to fix up there. It'd probably be cheaper to get a non-crashed one in the long run but I bet this will keep you busy for a while as a project.

Was going to say , thats a serious amount of damage! parts,paint and time would see that the wrong side of a normal n/a thats not a cat c, best of luck with it though mate.

I see on the pictures $57 I hope thats all you paid

and i thought you all loved supras lol. i don't believe i could ever let one die, i keep seeing all the ones for breaking and i almost shed a tear. i can weld paint and fix almost anything myself so its only the parts cost and then ill get second hand and make look new. i'm in no rush to finish this car.

I want to keep it white I think it's one of the best colours for it. I've already got a set of head lights from keron. And a crash bar so I'm on my way. I do feel I should now take as many pics along the way to show people it can be done and not cost that much if done right and you take your time. I'm hoping to attend lots of meets and a local one would be good. Haven't been in the car scene in a while now.

:welcome: to the club mate! Hope you got a bargain on the car, it will be cheaper though by looking at that front end just to buy another NA and use one as spares IMO, god knows what kind of damage could be lurking under there, nice project though, look forward to the updates :) the membership is more than worth every penny for the knowledge, skills and parts access on this club BTW :)

I don't even think i would feel safe in that, looks like it's totally gone. You've chosen a car that isn't cheap to maintain and run and now have to find all these parts on a budget and money is so tight you can't afford the £10 membership fee?

Sincerely wish you all the best mate, but sometimes you can pick up a decent n/a auto for 3k, this will cost more in time and parts to fix.

I've already stripped front end and it's only the near side chassis leg that need attention but only past the engine mount the rest is all straight. Time isn't an issue for me I'm in no rush. I've priced up the repair to put to standard and it's about a grand. I only paid 1300 for it so bit less then 3k. Yes I could of got one needing no work but then it's not the same as building your own. I guess you'll just have to wait and see what it ends up like. But to me I love working on cars and this is my favourite