The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone still drive their Supras?

rider

When I bought my Supra TT in 1998 it was my daily driver racking up 12,000 miles a year and I had great fun, particularly when limiter riding M3 blitzing on the Autobahn. Now it only comes out occasionally and I don't do even manage 1,000 miles between MOTs.

There are only 140 Mk 4 turbo cars left in the UK according to the how many left site which ranks them pretty rare and original manual cars even rarer. Does anyone still get to drive their Supra's or are they all just becoming garage ornaments or track day toys?

Driven every day for 8 years. I think there's a lot more than 140 in the UK - is that UK specs it's referring to?

No point in having it if you're not going to drive it.

It's a bit like having Kate Beckinsale in your bed and sliding off to the loo for a tug.

Its been a daily driver for me since I bought it. She has come off the road a few time for upgrades/repairs but is always my daily work horse.

I worked away from home for a while and even used her for the 360 mile round trip. Made to drive and not store in my eyes.

My old one was my daily for a few years, then it became my toy. My current tt6 is my toy as well, personally I like to be able to just sit back in comfort for the commute with the roads around my local area plus keeps the boring commuting miles off the old girl. However if I have a trip involving some nice roads the supra will 100% come out.

Good to read people are still getting their Supras out for every day driving. Maybe I just need to leave Kate alone and go tug on my 6 speed more often than I do. I just know these cars are going to be worth lots of money and it seems an indulgence to wear it out all on my own.

I drive mine every day and it puts a smile on my face every time :)

I keep toying with the idea of buying a daily and relegating it to weekend duties, but I can't bring myself to do it. I'd rather make the most of it while I'm young (ish), than look back and say that was a nice Supra I had sat around for years.