The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car hit by drunk driver!

ben_harmer32

Whilst parked at the side of the road last night my car was hit by a drunk driver. He collided with the back and pushed it into the car in front. Fortunately I wasn't in the car at the time but I am gutted! Police arrested him and got all his details so fingers crossed it should be a straight forward claim.

What a mess. Should be a prison sentence for sure but nothing will happen but a slap on the wrist.

I assume his insurance (if he has any) will sort out your car and his will be void. What car was he in?

Just had one on the Z4 forum where he has been hit by an uninsured Lithuanian. Got to love the Uk.

H.

Gutted for you mate. Hope everything works out for getting it repaired or replaced.

Seen a drunk driver crash into a centre island fence and veer off the rd accross the pavement taking out a junction box on his way the other week. There was a bus stop with kids at the other side of the rd. These idiots don't care if they take a life. He was a young guy and his family showed up at the scene and his dad assaulted him as he was getting out the ambulance :)

Is the car likely to be a write off? I know I was once given the option on another car I had where they said they couldn't get bumper clips so we're prepared to make me an offer to write it off and I was able to say no, just do your best. Ended up a good job.

Good luck

He should face the Supra firing squad, let him stand in the middle of a circled Supras with full throttle, blast him with the exhaust fumes, add a few flame throwers with the circle

Surely being tied to the back and being dragged for a 1/4 mile would be better.

No deterrent for people these days. For me if you get caught over the limit it should be a week in jail at least (more if well over), car confiscated and sold to fund victims and licence gone for 5 years.

H.