The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost pipe blew off.

herbiemercman

Hi Dudes, Just thought i would share this with you as it's a first for me, i was driving quite quick up a longish hill in third gear and the car was pulling well, suddenly there was a loud noise, bit like an elephant farting, and 50% of the power disappeared, and the exhaust note was dramatically different, my first thought was some thing dior has happened? so i slowed down and started thinking, what can this be, i then looked at the boost gauge and realised what must have happened.

It felt like i had gone back to my NA days or even less, i pulled over and yes the boost pipe had parted company with the throttle body.

When i got home i could see that the pipe and throttle body were greasy, probably to ease the pipe on which is quite a tight fit, so i degreased both and reconnected.

The good news for me was realising how much extra performance comes from the turbo set up, hard to believe it took me 17 years to go NA/T.

BAFF.CERAMIC.COMP.#3.jpg (191.9 KB)

BAFF.CERAMIC.COMP.#3.jpg