The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's it worth?

Stan

Another WIW thread, sorry guys!

The background is that I had my bonnet flip up on me back in 2012, denting the bonnet and roof. I sourced a new bonnet and had locking catches put on it. The roof and driver side A pillar is still dented, windscreen is cracked.

I have had it garaged since with the intention of completely fixing it up, but have neither the time, knowledge or money.

The brakes are probably siezed (it will move a bit when you push it with handbrake off) but battery is dead to try it with the engine on. I dunno if having it standing has affected anything else (i.e. the fuel).

The good points :) are that it is an original GZ TT Aero 1995, resprayed in 202 black. Stillen front bumper, veilside spats, white/black leather interior, and it will come with some ICE (prob just a Alpine stereo and front speakers). It has 19" Jade Rs and a spare set of split rims that need repairing. Also has a Blitz SBC III boost controller and Power Meter, blue LED dash conversion, a new set of coilpack connectors and spark plugs, and various other spares.

As well as the bodywork/windscreen, it will also need new door cards (they are cut with 2 holes for speakers).

How much should I realistically ask for it to be effectively trailered away for someone to fix or break? I was thinking £5k just to get it off my hands but think that may be too high?

Cheers

The car can't be the one in the photos in "view my supra" ? that motor is superb, however if some one has the dosh and a facility even if the car you describe is in poor health it must be well worth £5K. You need to quote the mileage and some pics, and describe the level of rusting etc, if i did not have a corker i would be interested as a project. Herbie.

Edited by herbiemercman (see edit history)

It is the same one in 'view my supra', and yes it was a lovely car before the bonnet flew up on me! To be honest that sort of scared me into driving it again, after that the furthest it went was round the corner to the garage to get the new bonnet put on and the aerocatches installed.

Further info, I think it was on about 110000 miles last time I looked (I only did about 2000 miles a year in ownership and the previous owner (soopdogg) has done a rebuild just before I got it) and there is no rust AFAIK. The damage isn't even that bad, it is purely dents with no paint breakage. I guess it could be popped/banged out by someone who knows about bodywork, or even filled and smoothed/wrapped.

My only concern is that it has been standing for 3 years (albeit garaged) so not sure how that has affected the engine. I'm sure someone with some knowhow can spend some time sorting it though.

I have just been out to check the car and noticed that it isn't actually the A-Pillar that is damaged, but the panel over the drivers head (i.e. the bit between the aero roof and the rear windscreen). There is defo no paint damage. I found a pic of the car after it happened and you can see the dented roof (the bonnet has been replaced since with a JDM spec one)

Edited by Stan (see edit history)

How bad is the damage? A friend recently sold his black 96 TT auto for £10k. I thought he was mad putting it up for sale at that price (I said £8k) but he put it on pistonheads and it sold in under a fortnight! That wasn't even an aerotop and I don't think it had as many extras as yours.

The damage isn't too bad, I'm no expert but I think you could pop the dents out, source a new roof and you'll be good to go. The issue may be that it has stood for 3 years without turning over.

I have had a member come over tonight to look at it and he feels it is worth what I thought, so it may be going to him for restoration, we'll just have to see.

I know it may be underpriced but I haven't touched it for 3 years and it doesn't owe me anything really, and I'd rather it go to someone on here who can bring it back to how it should be

Hi All

The car went on Sunday to another club member, so hopefully it will re-appear on here again at some point!

After working out the time/costs to get it back to working order, I think what I got was a fair representation of its worth. The damage may be slight, but the hassle of finding a new roof panel (rare enough!) and panel beating the existing c-pillar, plus a complete overhaul as it has been standing was too much work for me!

Thanks to everyone else for their interest in it though