The mkiv Supra Owners Club

swOOsh Guages

attilauk

does anyone know anything about em, they look a bit like Defi ones but without all of the features (which i know i wouldn't use) and are MUCH cheaper.

http://shockmr2.com/60mmBoost.gif

i have been offered some at a very cheap price and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them.

Just look if they sell a EGT gauge in this range...

If not its just junk you can use for show but not for real data. Thats the problem with most gauges that are cheap and look good. They arent really accurate and you will never find a EGT one because the sensors cost too much.

They look alright to me. if you are concerned about accuracy, why don't you ask them waht the full scale deflection (FSD) is?

Then you can decide if you want them or not.

Just look if they sell a EGT gauge in this range...

If not its just junk you can use for show but not for real data. Thats the problem with most gauges that are cheap and look good. They arent really accurate and you will never find a EGT one because the sensors cost too much.

I don't agree with that, I can get hold of guages for £20 that are much more accurate than any of the boost guages that are sold on here.

Besides, when boost is measured on a guage with .1 bar increments and with a needle 3mm thick, how accurately can you read it?

There are cheap and shitty ones out there, but they shouldn't be judged on the basis of supplying a EGT gauge as part of their range.

Yeah but don't you agree that it would look somewhat strange if you have two Swoosh gauges for boost and oiltemp and then need another gauge design for your EGTs.

I prefer to have all my gauges in one design...

Indeed. But since he is considering buying them (hence the post) I assume he has been offered what he wants :innocent:

I would want them all to be of the same type though.

If you want good and cheap gauges get the Greddy 52mm ones they come in black or silver with green lighting which is just a bulb that can be replaced...

If you want to spend a little more there are also offerings by Blitz or the normale DEFI Link meters not the BF ones...