The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What intercoolers?

FOSTA

I have the SRD intercooler and it had no issues with cooling air on my 765 bhp runs. Ryan said he rarely sees intercoolers that are so efficient. However the secret is good ducting, mine having the do-luck front on it there is no where else for air to go but through the intercooler.

The ETS 5" core is £650 on its own! And rated to 1100bhp.

The ETS 4" core is rated at 850bhp which is more than adequate for his needs. Also probably a little cheaper.

And that infomation is from the SRD website.

He may want to go 1000+ bhp you don't know but you can still have a 5" I won't make any difference

And Srd do mishimoto fmic I think mate

He may want to go 1000+ bhp you don't know but you can still have a 5" I won't make any difference

I'm sure if he was intending to go 1000+bhp he would have said "what intercooler for 1000+bhp" in the original post.

But considering he said 700bhp, a 4" kit will be adequate.

Going bigger isnt always the best solution.

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

If its too big it would make the spool a bit laggier but by how much I don't know. I remember this being discussed years ago when JamieP was starting to build the Black Beast and was looking for the largest intercooler available at the time. IIRC it was a Boostlogic.

E2A

If the IC is oversized then it will introduce lag, the IC volume should be matched to the cooling the turbo requires, which based on some very rough figures (which tbh are years old), an HKS or Greddy 3 row is perfect size for the Bl T67. You might get a little extra lag on the big BL one. I guess the question is whether you want to introduce a 100-200 rpm lag into the system at lower loads. At high loads there will be b*gger all difference.
Edited by Frank Bullitt
quote added (see edit history)