The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest 2016

Andy_s-TT-Supra

I had a call from the event organisers at japfest today to confirm that next years show is being moved from silver stone from castle Combe. As I organised a stand last year they are sending me details of advanced booking for next year and details of a deal which I believe they said was for 2 free tickets for every 10 bookings.

Just gushing interest but who would be up for doing a club stand at japfest next year? I am happy to organise it and I believe it's going to be early August so still a long way away yet.

Its already announced as 24th April

Japfest in the past has had 50+ supras, but the last couple of years hasnt been as big with the club and struggled to fill

Either way im there as always, shame its not at combe anymore, used to enjoy the drive down the night before in a hotel with food and beer, silverstone is only 40 mins away from me

Castle Combe is a good venue and has a good track but I guess the organisers just need to take in as much cash as possible so probs felt a move to somewhere bigger and more central did that. Shame as castle come does have some nice driving roads nearby and it's also about 40 mins away too so the car is usually still clean by the time i get there. Silverstone However is a couple of hours so it'll probs have crap all up the side once there unless it's a nice day.

Either way it would be good to get a group together and club stand going next year.

I don't understand why they have moved it. Having Japfest2 up north and Japfest down south made perfect sense. It now makes it a 466 mile round trip and 9 hours of travelling total for a one day show for me.

I can see a lot of the Welsh contingent, and a lot of the South West lot boycotting Japfest now, not just from this forum, but from many others also.

It's a massive shame and I know I will get the "plenty travel that far for this show" but with there being plenty down here to attend plus the potential of DragonBall and JAE, it makes no sense to fork out circa £150 (fuel and tickets) just to get to a show. Add a B&B for the friday night that makes it about £200.

I won't be going now it has moved to Silverstone. If it had stayed at CC then I would have been there every year for the forseeable future. I've been to four in the last 6 years, the only two I missed were due to being deployed and leaving the army (on a course and moving house) and I planned to continue making it my "go to" big show of the year. I just can't warrant the excessive cost.

Edited by listy (see edit history)

• 1 month later...