The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much am I looking at?

Guest seanh.

Good evening.

I am in the process of selling my Fiesta ST180 and buying a diesel, so that I can save up for a Supra.

I am looking for a UK Spec manual, standard, BPU, single, I'm not too fussed. How much am I looking at realistically?

Sean

So if I set myself a budget of 20k I should get a mint one for that price?

UK Spec? Cheaper insurance, the bigger brakes, full leather etc etc

too be honest the insurance isn't that much cheaper and all of the above can be added to a jspec (some already have it). but if your going single insurance isnt going to be a worry even on a jspec or a uk spec there be around the same.

Good luck with the hunt and 20K will get you a a good one.

To be fair, it's hard to say. How long are you planning on taking to save this £20k budget? As in 5 years the prices will more than likely have gone up due to a lot of Supras being eligible to be exported to the US.

The above quotes on prices are right for now, but expect to pay more money down the line.

I will only be 24/25 at this point though, that is the only problem. I can insure a standard UK spec now for around £2000

I had my NA 5 at 20 and paid £900, now have a tt6 BPU at 26 and pay around £500.

A UK 6 speed is a rare car, and to find a non rotten one will take time. but if you have the time and money go for it. If not save 5 or so thousand and go get a newer facelift import and enjoy.

Another point worth mentioning, have you got any experience with powerful rwd cars?

Because this thread reminds me of one that appeared a few months ago. The guy bought one of the nicest 6 speed UK specs around off a fellow forum member, and then wrote it off within a few days...

Probably something to think about.

Another point worth mentioning, have you got any experience with powerful rwd cars?

Because this thread reminds me of one that appeared a few months ago. The guy bought one of the nicest 6 speed UK specs around off a fellow forum member, and then wrote it off within a few days...

Probably something to think about.

Thought it was hours ;)

So if I set myself a budget of 20k I should get a mint one for that price?

UK Spec? Cheaper insurance, the bigger brakes, full leather etc etc

Also to add the JSpec comes with bigger brakes and full leathers and a lot of other etc etc too.

Have a look through the Supra buying guide.

Also to add the JSpec comes with bigger brakes and full leathers and a lot of other etc etc too.

Have a look through the Supra buying guide.

I have read through it and it says the UK spec is the one with the bigger 4 pot fronts 2 pot rears, full leather, cruise control, heated seats electric mirrors etc

UK spec is overrated IMHO, for various reasons. You're looking at 15k+ for a mint import with less than 60k miles and full service history, and even more if it's a single turbo with aftermarket ECU fueling etc. Also, don't listen to what anyone says about having experience before buying a Supra. As long as you're not a total idiot and have respect for the car and the conditions you're driving in you will be fine. I had mine at 600bhp before I even turned 19 and haven't crashed it... Yet :D

UK spec is overrated IMHO, for various reasons. You're looking at 15k+ for a mint import with less than 60k miles and full service history, and even more if it's a single turbo with aftermarket ECU fueling etc. Also, don't listen to what anyone says about having experience before buying a Supra. As long as you're not a total idiot and have respect for the car and the conditions you're driving in you will be fine. I had mine at 600bhp before I even turned 19 and haven't crashed it... Yet :D

Living the dream, 19 years old with a 600bhp supra!

Too much money :D

Here's me 21 years old with a 1.4 fiesta! Lol

Haha I was in the same boat :D I went from a mk7 fiesta zetec s with a whole 120bhp to 600bhp....was an experience to say the least

And you bailey need to pull your finger out son

Haha I was in the same boat :D I went from a mk7 fiesta zetec s with a whole 120bhp to 600bhp....was an experience to say the least

And you bailey need to pull your finger out son

I'm being sensible and saving to move out, then I'll get a toy! Or hoping dad will pass the supra down to me :D failing that atleast let me have it for cheap! Lol.

I'm being sensible and saving to move out, then I'll get a toy! Or hoping dad will pass the supra down to me :D failing that atleast let me have it for cheap! Lol.

It will.be difficult to get a toy after moving out. That's why I got mine before I move out. :D but now it's time to save for a morgage. Well after I pay out for srd to work there magic :p

I haven't had a RWD car yet no. I would prefer a standard one to get used to but as stated, it's the same with anything, respect it and it will respect you.

It'll be a weekend car, something to enjoy over the weekends using a diesel in the week!

I had my NA 5 at 20 and paid £900, now have a tt6 BPU at 26 and pay around £500.

A UK 6 speed is a rare car, and to find a non rotten one will take time. but if you have the time and money go for it. If not save 5 or so thousand and go get a newer facelift import and enjoy.

Who are you insured through Jake if you don't mind me asking?

I haven't had a RWD car yet no. I would prefer a standard one to get used to but as stated, it's the same with anything, respect it and it will respect you.

It'll be a weekend car, something to enjoy over the weekends using a diesel in the week!

Never had a RWD car and you want a TT6 Supra? Better buying a cheap 200sx and making your mistakes in it

Who are you insured through Jake if you don't mind me asking?

Sky insurance for the last 3 years and previsou to that I was with Flux as sky wouldnt touch me due to age. IMO Sky is great for a modified car, they have been brilliant since the get go. They couldnt quote me on my daily anywhere near others, but the supra they are always close to the cheapest but have the cover for mods, and are happy for me to constantly add bits without bumping the price.

The only time sky have anoyed me is when I changed the pollicy to the TT mid year, they quoted me cheaper then I bought the car and majically the price bumped up.