The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone reversed into my Supra

krisgowing

Nothing to ruin your good weekend than someone reversing into the front of the Supra.

Was parked down a residential area while I was visiting my friend, came out to see that someone went straight into the front of me :(

And to make it worse they just drove of, I've spoken to the neighbors but was late afternoon and no one hear of saw anything.

Because of my age and I've had one claim within the last 5 years I can't go through my insurance as my excess is through the roof and I don't want to lose my NCB and my premium to go up.

The damage isn't to bad as you can see from the photo, J-spec headlight is smashed but still works, The bumper seems to be pushed back to now the bonnet doesn't sit flush but still closes, It just looks horrible IMO.

Luckily there is no damage to the radiator or anything in the front of the car, The drivers headlight has shot forward and ripped a small hole near it which will have to get filled. As for the bumper / bonnet I really don't know if it's an easy fix.

Any help / advice is helpful guys, to be honest i'm gutted, right before Christmas too :(

WP_20151130_001.jpg

WP_20151130_002.jpg

WP_20151130_003.jpg

Nasty, sorry to read that mate.

The bumper looks okay and Im sure you will bee able to re-use, would take it off and see if the bolt on frame behind is bent or not, also a new bonnet will probably be on the cards.

A couple of hundred quid at Kerons should hopefully see you okay, and iirc your plasti dip? At least thats a cheap fix. Still gutting though! :(

Thanks guys,

Tbh I'm gutted, will take the bumper of on my day of and see what the damage is, Hopefully just a few bent the edge with the plastic pegs. Don't think I will be able to see the extent of the damage until the bumper is off.

Last thing I need right now so maybe it's time to say goodbye for a little while :(

• 1 month later...

Been away since this last post.

Frustration anger and disappointment I've felt over this.

I've lost all interest in the car the last month to be honest and just seen it as an A to B car than what it should be.

Luckily now Christmas has passed back into the New Year I'm determined not to be beaten my some idiot who has no regards for peoples property.

Hard work has paid off and I recieved and Christmas bonus from work which I only dipped into over Christmas for a few beers haha! I've put this away to work on getting the car back to scratch.

New headlight will be ordered through Keron , I've got the car booked in with a friend for the end of the month to line up the bonnet and front of the car, back to normal which he thinks he can do without a new bonnet then once all issues are resolved if their is damage to the dip I can just take it of that particular panel and have it put back on.

I'm looking forward to getting her back to her former glory and putting a smile back on my face.

That's got to have put a downer on you mate over the holidays. Some people just don't give a shit.

I have a headlight mate you can have for free and I will pay for the postage.

I will send you a picture if you PM me your Email.

PM me your address if you still need this and hope you get it sorted out mate.

I think its a lot worse than you think it is. When I had a Badger attack my front bumper with no other damage the repair was £1,400. Add in light and bonnet straightening and you will likely be looking at the wrong side of £2k.

I disagree with that price. The top support for the bumper is just pushed back and probably some of the slam panel. Id pull thst myself. Get a cheap or free headlight and pay to have the bonnet repaired. Id guess even getting he slam panel fixed would be around 800 max. 1400? Far too much. Sounds like a expensive bodyshop.