The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra Vs M3 E46

wkdtime

I know this q has most likely already been asked, but how would, let say a Jap spec TT 6speed, 1.2 bar, twin decat, bore exhaust...basically BPU fair against the beast itself M3 E46?

any thoughts, assuming both drivers have equal skill and cars are healthy!

oh yeah...its sunny, rabbits are mating on the grass! mighty sweet day to...think i have it all covered! he he :baa:

When I had my Auto ( exhaust,FCD,Walbro ) at Bedford Autodrome, fella in an M3 tried all day to pass me, but didn't have the pull.

Constantly gained on corner entry, but couldn't reign me in on exit.....

They are quick, but we seem to have the grunt even at basic modded level.

Only things that trounced me was my mates Cerbera ( fettled by TVR ) and a carrera turbo ( he was plain nuts! )

On a similar subject, how do we (BPU) fair against an EVO8? I often mess around with one on the motorway and there is usually nothing in it. I tend to back off getting near 100 as im a pussy. I imagine the difference will show at higher speeds?

I've had a couple of long runs against a neighbours modded Evo8 (380bhp he says). It’s a lot quicker off the mark and I can't gain on it until 100 or so. Once it gets to 120 he drops back pretty quick. They're geared more for acceleration than high speed though.

i,me bpu 1.2 bar boost auto and did one of these M3's a few months back, he was in front of me, and to be honest there was not a lot in it, these are quick motors and anyone who sez they p****d on one in a bpu is telling porkys, however at speed the supe was quicker, and i was having to back off a bit due to no overtaking oppertunitys, but when i went past him i didnt fly past and this was at serious licence loosing speed as well, are the BM's limited to 155 ?

I use to drive my old bosses M3 a lot and have raced him a few times in my Supra. The M3 is a superbly engineered car and is fast in normal road use but doesn't feel particularly quick and you don't really feel what is going on as the computer management takes over much of the decision making. If you turn the slip control off though you can have some fun get the rear out. The sequential gearbox is very impressive and very quick, but I missed the clucth when really pushing it and braking into corners. I have also driven a manual and that felt a lot more involving to drive.

The M3 would have the jump on a BPU TT Supra in 1st but as you hit boost in 2nd you'll real it in and over take it as you change into 3rd from there on you'll open a big gap.

Trying to persuade him to get a AA Supercharger fitted at the moment

[thread=32883]See this thread[/thread]

ps. You can see his car in the background of one of the pics in the link below.