The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Areo top project for sale

Bayden_uk

ok i didnt know where to put this so i just put it here

i need help on how much my supra is actually worth so honesty would be appreciated

yestrday i put my supra project up for sale. due to promotions in work giving me long hours and spending what little free time i have with my little family i no longer have the time to put into my supra.

yesterday i put it up on a supra page on facebook for £2500. instantly i was told to up my price and i was selling my self too short. so i put it up to £3000. after upping the price i was getting inboxes telling me its not worth £3000 becasue it needs a spray job and its an auto. so after being told by alot of honest people on the post i put up im on here where i should have put it up for sale in the first place. i got the car for £2500 and ive put a little over £1000 into it.

its an NA

65000 miles

silver

full sony xplode system

recently had a service.

new plugs

new dizzy cap and rotar arm

new belts

replaced ecu

4 new tyres ( done about 80 mile)

comes with extras. i managed to find original front bumper and spats. both need spraying. skirts they also need painting.

new exhaust

all she realy needs is a respray and some tlc

cant think of what ells i have right now but ill update when i remember

If you want an honest opinion, here's mine:

It's an NA Auto aerotop, which tend to go for around £4000 - £5000 if in good nick. (If I remember rightly)

It needs a full respray, rust removed etc which is a £2000 job at the very least.

It needs some other work like the wheels refurbing, general tidy up of the engine bay etc small jobs that some are picky about but really those are here nor there.

The main job is the paint, so I think your price of £2500 is bang on. Clean up the bay and make it more appealing and you shouldn't have a problem selling at that price.

My dream build is an aerotop widebody single, and if I had the money, I'd be buying it for £2500 just for the shell alone.

It depends how long you can wait, someone will pick it up for a project like I would.

£2.5k is a good price considering the work that needs to be put into it. Anyone who expects a mint Supra for less than £4k are probably using a crayon to type into their iPad from the local insane asylum.

I'd suggest spending a few minutes cleaning up hat you can so it's in the most presentable condition possible

Well considering this was a working road legal aero, with extra bumper, spats etc I thought it was too cheap.

Even though it needed a respray and the rust sorting.

Who ever bought this, will strip down, fix up repaint and have an amazing Aero in great condition.

And I've seen many aero shells go for over £1k too

My dream build is an aerotop widebody single

They are amazing :)

Thanks for the honest replies guys. Sad to say the cars was sold last night. Will be sad to see it go. I just didn't have the hours to work on it like I thought I would have. 5 more years and I'll be back in the market for one again :)

Thanks again guys

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

I like everyone saying its worth £2500 etc!! but have you stumped up the cash ? NO

if its worth it then you guys would pay for it

to be honest in my view its got rust on most panels looks like rear quarter has been fillered

plus the roof rubbers are shot , roof is rusty , boot is rusty etc

i would pay £1000 cash and i would pick it up tomorrow will cost about £4000 for all the work to be undertaken and for the car to be in good condition

Then if i was going to then sell i would just get my money back so how can it be in this current state be worth £2500

Im not arguing or starting a row im just pretty much stating how it is

I like everyone saying its worth £2500 etc!! but have you stumped up the cash ? NO

if its worth it then you guys would pay for it

That's the weirdest and strangest statement I've ever seen.

So if something is worth X amount, then everyone should be jumping to buy it regardless if they want it or not?

so your statement is i should buy something already knowing ill be in debt with it

personally the state of the car i really dont think its worth £2500 im not being rude everyone has there opinion this is just mine

it hasnt sold for £2500 despite people saying its worth it

i think its worth £1000 and i would happily put my money in his hand now and take it

a car is only really worth what someone is actually going to pay for the car... the amount of times I've tried to sell a car and everyone tells me its over/under priced.. put a price on that your happy to sell for.. if it dosent sell then lower or keep it.. ppl can have their opinions but its only the actual offers that are important isn't it. this is clearly a project for someone and involves quite abit of work. someone with the skills to do the work would walk out with a nice car for a good price.. if how ever your buying it then having a garage to fix the car at 2500 your walking into a project that will cost somewhat more than if you were to to wait for a aerotop to come up for sale. being a rare model I'm sure it will have little trouble selling, be nice to see it up and running to its former glory. glwts

FInaly found time to check up on the thread.

Nothing went to heart guys don't worry. It's the first time I've ever sold a car to be honest. They guy was more than happy with the car when he took it for a test drive. He's stripped it down already am ready for spraying soon. I'm sure you'll see pictures up soon.

I got more than my original asking price in the end too.

Thanks for all the replies all

Well done for getting that price for it.

I personally think it's worth a grand, if that.

It's in horrendous condition, has been clocked and is missing lots of parts.

Has no MOT and has been sitting for a while.

Few years ago this would have been scrapped.

Well done for getting that price for it.

I personally think it's worth a grand, if that.

It's in horrendous condition, has been clocked and is missing lots of parts.

Has no MOT and has been sitting for a while.

Few years ago this would have been scrapped.

Hows it been clocked :/

It hadn't been sitting for a while. Just just found it cheaper to take the train to work every day so I didn't use it. She runs like a dream. All the way back up to Newcastle it didn't skip a beat so I was told.

I think he's refering to the fact that a 60000 mile car shouldn't have that kind of wear on things like the gear shift, which would suggest it has been clocked.

Doesn't mean it has been, or that you did it, and could be disproven with appropriate paperwork (mot certs).

I think he's refering to the fact that a 60000 mile car shouldn't have that kind of wear on things like the gear shift, which would suggest it has been clocked.

Doesn't mean it has been, or that you did it, and could be disproven with appropriate paperwork (mot certs).

In all fairness it's completely understandable when you look at it like that. But there are some people out there who just don't care about what they got sometimes. I had a brand new punto a few years ago (sad to say) and a year later it looked like it had been constantly used for 4 years straight. No makings on the buttons no more and it just looked crap. With the supra I think I just ended up owning someone ball ache. Guttered I couldn't finish it

Hows it been clocked :/

It hadn't been sitting for a while. Just just found it cheaper to take the train to work every day so I didn't use it. She runs like a dream. All the way back up to Newcastle it didn't skip a beat so I was told.

The MOT ran out 12th of May 2015, so I'd guess it's been sitting since then as it's currently SORN. Also a car in use will rarely start growing green moss/mould.

Wouldn't worry about it being clocked, I'd say the majority of imports have been, how else would you explain the extraordinary low mileage on almost all Supras for sale? Quick survey on Pistonheads suggests only 2 of the 29 Supras for sale have over 100k miles. And those are both UK cars which should have a traceable history. Every other one conveniently has less than 100k miles. Most owners just prefer to take it at face value rather than accept the inevitable truth.

Exactly wear items have been replaced(steering wheel) and the gear shifter looks worn through. One thing the cloth supra seats do very well is that they wear excellently, even 150k cloth seats can still look as new.

But the big give away on this one is the engine bay, I must have looked at hundreds of supra engine bays(in real life and online) and you can tell just by the level of dirt if the mileage is likely to be true or not. I'd also suggest the previous MOT advisories and failures which include leaking exhaust and several suspension components also lends weight to he fact it's done a considerable mileage.

I've owned Supras with 155k(250000+km), 125k, and 105k and all three of them had cleaner engine bays.

Then there's the fact it was MOT'd on the 22nd of March 2013 at 60261miles and then MOT'd again on 13th May 2014 at 60260 miles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.