The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OsGiken Spec-x

Jellybean

Information for Members on OSGiken Diff

Standard Spec S is a 1.5 way, they can alter it to be a 2 way, it depends what you want

The Casing on the Diff will still read SPEC - S , I never received from OsGiken any cert or proof they adjusted it

Good to know Motul is an alternative we can use and get here

Super Lock LSD – Spec X

For vehicles that are heavily modified or are participating in specific forms of motorsports, we offer the Spec-X LSD. The custom order Spec-X is available in 1-way, 1.5-way, and 2-way configurations and can be made with custom cam angles, lock timing, and initial torque settings.

http://www.osgiken.net/products.php?product=lsd

Hello,

With which dealer did you order your through? Typically on a SPEC-X differential there is dialog between myself and the end user (you) prior to ship out. ALL of our differentials have SPEC-S or US-SPEC Laser etched on the case as standard. SPEC-X Refers a service in which I disassemble a unit and adjust the settings for the customer’s power level/grip.

The Custom Tune (SPEC-X) service is at additional cost to your LSD. If you did pay for this service I would recommend reaching out to your dealer again as I do not have record of tuning a Supra diff in the past few months.

All tuning is done in house here at OS Giken USA

You will need to ship differential to us (No Carrier, No Ring Gear, side bearings are okay to keep on)

MSRP: $150 for service and inspection which includes fresh cone springs and covers shipping back to you

Additional costs will be applied to parts that need replacing if found during inspection (worn discs, worn pressure ring springs, etc.)

For oil we have two approved and tested fluids to work with the differential.

OS Giken 80W250R and Motul Gear Competition FF 75W140

No LSD Additives required

In terms of break-in there is no "break-in procedure" (ie. Figure 8’s) but a recommended fluid change between 500-1000 miles or one track weekend after install.

****Our LSD's are fully tune-able; however, I must disclose that all tuning is done in house here at OS Giken USA. This is similar to how one would submit their shock absorbers (Penske, Moton, etc) in for service. Tuning parts are not sold to the general public. The reason for this is for the customer's ease of mind. We have the experience and data to be able to achieve the characteristics you want from your differential. Also the complexity of reassembly is much more complex than your typical clutch type differential. There are many little details that need to be followed in order to have a proper working diff. We have seen many units come back to us due to improper tuning that we would like to protect our customers by providing a service linked to us directly. We want our customers to be fully satisfied with their unit and tuning is a daunting task especially for our units.***

Best Regards,

Jonathan Lugod

OS Giken USA, Inc.

Ph: (310)986-6620

Fx: (310)986-6621

Email: [email protected]

AIM: [email protected]

Web: http://www.osgiken.net

OPEN M-F 9am – 5pm PST

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)