The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A little winter TLC on the Beast

Sheefa

Evening

It certainly helps having a garage to work on the car from in relative warmth and comfort! Met up with Glanza_Mike on Sunday and we went for a good, hard, fun drive :innocent: Suffice to say it got quite entertaining with the cold weather !

Following that car was dirty as bugg*ry so decided to give her a clean for hibernation. Definitely time to give the brakes a full paint refurb so today I have been stripping them back to bare metal and getting as much gunk off as possible. Looking much better already. Got to wear protection from the brake cleaner.....:)

20151124_151301_HDR.jpg

Still undecided on colour, I'm thinking a Metallic Carbon Grey with standard Supra logos. Red may be a little too loud on a Silver Supra, albeit I've seen some lovely examples. I knew the Mrs toothbrush would come in handy for cleaning the crevices too :) Any other colour suggestions ?

20151124_172915.jpg20151124_150827.jpg 20151124_152649.jpg 20151124_175021.jpg 20151124_180801.jpg 20151124_154905.jpg20151124_160924.jpg

My CCW Classics are also a little dirty so gave the Drivers Front Side a good thorough clean. Got a load of brake dust and grime off the inner side but still plenty of work to do. I want each of them looking flawless before she goes back on the road next Spring.

20151124_150735.jpg 20151124_172112.jpg 20151124_172104.jpg 20151124_172210.jpg

Few other bits I'm planning to do over the cold months:

• Mop & Polish of the whole car
  • Scuttle Panel refurb
  • Window Wiper Refurb
  • Fit Front Strut Brace - still undecided which type
  • Replace Aerial (faulty) with original one - Thanks Parm93 ;)
  • Potentially fit new Carbon TRD Rear Spoiler - have it but still undecided on it

My new HKS Hipermax IV GT Suspension is absolutely awesome. Car feels to planted and yet runs smoothly around town and over the poor road surfaces. Very, very pleased !

Might have a few other plans in the pipeline too.....:innocent:

Greg

Good work , but Electric tooth brush LOL

Had to be done, she'll be fine with it :)

How you doing the scuttle panel refurb?

Remove, give it a good sand down and then spray matt black with some reputable stuff. Simple as that really mate.

You don't look anything like I imagined Greg :shock:

Hope you rinsed that toothbrush before putting it back in the bathroom cabinet :D

Haha, what did you think I looked like ???! I am a professional by the way, I don't always look like a tool :)

00ff54a.jpg

The mrs won't know....

Love the colour Greg.

Thanks Kev, we'll see how it turns out.

Greg

This is what I have on my silver car

That looks smart. I may go black depending on how the silver looks.

OEM colour for the fronts is a dark green, the rears a black.

Agreed Burna that they were dark green and charcoal black but the black was often cited as dark greyish colour which is what I went for as my car was silver and I didn't want to go the gloss black route

lovely job on those calipers burna :)

I was commenting on the scuttlepanel as if you use the heatgun trick it'll bring it back to brand new finish.

Tim

TB Developments

Thanks mate, I didn't even get a drop of paint on me! You did a great job thanks :)

Greg the heat gun trick works mate, seen it in action for myself at Tims. Just make sure you remove it from the car first as you don't want that sort of sustained heat by the windscreen.

basically just heat it up with a hot air gun until it melts the top layers of plastic.

Seeing your just down the road, take it off the car and pop it over the workshop i'll do it for you while you wait :D

Tim

TB Developments

Tim, sounds like a plan. I would like to meet you given your proximately given there will be a few jobs no doubt needed on the Supra and whilst I use SRD it's good to have someone local ! Can you PM me your address and contact details please? :)

Thanks mate, I didn't even get a drop of paint on me! You did a great job thanks :)

Greg the heat gun trick works mate, seen it in action for myself at Tims. Just make sure you remove it from the car first as you don't want that sort of sustained heat by the windscreen.

Thanks Paul. Hope you are well mate.