The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Experience With New Mapper Romain From Syvecs and TPS Issue Solved

a98pmalcolm

Well as some of you know I have now gone plenum manifold and ID1000

With Ryan moved away I was a little stuck on what to do to remap the car. Ryan was happy to remotely do it from his end put I felt with organising times ect it could prove difficult with organising him with me and then for me to the who who ever I would hire the rollers from.

I have had superb service from the years Ryan as working on my car so I was a little sceptical who to map it for me.

Another member on here mentioned about a chap called Romain that works for syvecs and said how impressed he was with the service.

So as you do I had a little Google search, and not a bad thing was said. So I contacted him and got myself booked in.

Thursday gone was the day I had the car mapped and we got some great figures 646.9 bhp at the wheels. So over the 700 bhp figure at the flywheel.

But he mentioned about an issue regarding the TPS. There was no voltage coming from it. So that was going to cause issues. But being confused why my TPS was not functioning he still mapped with out...

I started to look into this and the issue. The only assumption we had was because I needed to replace the TPS, so I googled it and couldn't find anything.

After contacted Paul, Lee and Dimm Sum they all said the left traction control TPS off the OEM TB need to be used not the stock right.

Lee also explained that because I needed to use the stock TPS plug and as its used on the left now not the right I needed to cut and solder the wires to the TPS plug the other way around 180 degrees.

So:

Blue wire to brown wire

Yellow Wire to red wire

Red wire to yellow wire

Brown wire to blue wire

I then called Romain, plugged my laptop to syvecs and hey presto sorted! :D Thanks Lee

Romain then kindly made all the adjustments within 10 mins to the map as the TPS no worked using team viewer.

All in all great experience from Romain and I recommend him highly.

He always promptly responded to e-mail, text and answered phone calls willing to spend as much time as needed to on the phone.

Thanks Romain :thumbs: