The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seeing Red...the missus went out

mattdavies

This evening the missus went out to do some baby sitting, I needed something to do. While she was out I decided to raid my rear light play box.

And took these newly delivered UK spec rears with missing fitting tabs

With the oven set at 80degrees I roasted both lights for 5minutes each. Did a bit of Lense adjustment and created these :

Mate

That looks good I was thinking like a normal led lamp in the bulb position but your way maybe better , but have found some clear lens led that will posibly fit, do you have a picture with the lights off please

You need 2 from a UK Spec as they are the larger ones for the middle and then 1 from a J-spec to replace the Orange indicator lense. and you end up with these :

There is a way round where you use only ONE UK spec and 3x J-Spec lenses which keeps the a rear reflector, but it involves cutting out and filing down the middle of the large red reflector lense and fitting the J-spec inside of it. I bought this set and that how the guy had done it:

Matt or anyone could you link hecklers guide on how to split the rear lights I cant find it :search:

Here's a guide mate - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?35632-Rear-light-conversion&highlight=rear%20cluster%20conversion

Pretty easy once you set to it, just make sure you don't have them too hot and in for too long, and when you split them make sure the glue is soft or if some of it is still rigid you might end up cracking the plastic casing.

Once apart the screws that need removing will be obvious, just be gentle with them and take your time.

Here's a guide mate - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?35632-Rear-light-conversion&highlight=rear%20cluster%20conversion

Pretty easy once you set to it, just make sure you don't have them too hot and in for too long, and when you split them make sure the glue is soft or if some of it is still rigid you might end up cracking the plastic casing.

Once apart the screws that need removing will be obvious, just be gentle with them and take your time.

Cheers mate :thumbs:

Been busy today with the dremel after this inspirational thread :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=207329&d=1449517907

attachment.php?attachmentid=207330&d=1449517940

attachment.php?attachmentid=207331&d=1449517971

To get it so that the jspec clear light fits in the jspec fog means a hell of alot of dremeling hours of work making them fit right , but come out good I think. Also have over come the reflector problem by trimming to fit the clear lens , cheers matt for the info

Screenshot_2015-12-07-19-46-01.jpg

Screenshot_2015-12-07-19-43-16.jpg

Screenshot_2015-12-07-19-43-20.jpg

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)