The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car All Remapped

a98pmalcolm

maybe Paul means 647 bhp at the hubs.

Could be, I believe at the hubs is very similar to fly as well though. Not that it really matters, every dyno would give a different result. Nice to know it's running so well regardless though. My heart was in my mouth during the dyno tuning :D

Could be, I believe at the hubs is very similar to fly as well though. Not that it really matters, every dyno would give a different result. Nice to know it's running so well regardless though. My heart was in my mouth during the dyno tuning :D

You only crave for more :p I thought I be happy with the power, but look at me now lol planning to up the boost once I rebuild the engine. But next time I go in i want to play with the cam pulleys and hopefully reduce the spool up.

You only crave for more :p I thought I be happy with the power, but look at me now lol planning to up the boost once I rebuild the engine. But next time I go in i want to play with the cam pulleys and hopefully reduce the spool up.

I want more power, but not much more. I'm kind of chasing numbers now. I'd just like to crack 700 if I can. TBH, for driving, I'm more than happy with the power as it stands though :D

I want more power, but not much more. I'm kind of chasing numbers now. I'd just like to crack 700 if I can. TBH, for driving, I'm more than happy with the power as it stands though :D

:eyebrows: Don't lie to yourself.

But I think I pretty much in the same boat as you then. I would be happy around 700bhp and full boost around 3 and no later than 4k rpm that be great

Yer I meant hub scott which is pretty much wheels as It was done on a hub dyno.

Its a 15% gain if you know the hub power and you want to work out the flywheel power..

And thanks :)

No worries mate. As I understood it that doesn't really work out, the TDI outputs that most members get coincide approx with SRR FW output figures (or they did, I don't know if they are still as reliable... I heard worn rollers?).

If it really is putting that through the wheels though, that's really impressive for the spec :)

What boost was that at?

Lets not open the WHP to FWHP argument again, just be assured its not 15% as has been covered many times on this forum. There are a few of Jamies threads that show WHP is about FWHP.

God I got burned by people enough for doing conversions. 650 at the hubs is plenty of power for the road, hope you enjoy it :D

Was it not measured on a hub dyno before? I wouldn't worry about it mate, honestly. As T2 says, it all ends up a big pissing contest. If you ever take yourself to a shootout you'll find out one way or another anyway :D

Genuine rule of thumb though, people who quote a FWHP from a hub dyno often make a LOT less on a rolling road than they think they will. As said Jamie was one of the first to point it out but didn't want to upset anyone in the process :)

well i would hope so as its now running less power than before with a bigger spec lol its deffo 646 at the wheels mate.. Romain explained to me

Its not my conversion but the syvecs mapper lol

Please don't get me wrong I'm not trying to upset up and I know how it feels as I had the same said to me (which later turned out to be accurate). Im not doubting the WHP figure thats a great output. And who mapped it then as they should know that they don't need to estimate with percentage conversations the ECU will tell them the estimated engine HP figure which has been dyno proved to be within 5% assuming they are using the latest software.

And agreed with the above its all academic, my dyno print out said 765 but its about what your arse dyno says that matters :D

If you want my advise, just quote the WHP figure and forget the estimation parts ;)

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Its cool. Im not getting anoyed or upset :-)

My last map with smaller injectors ect was 680 at the fly

This time im.at 649 which is at the hub. So its gunna be well above 680 at the fly.

Not sure if you misunderstood what I asked. When you got 680 at the fly.... was that a calculation based on the hub?