The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front light mods

listy

I just had an idea for a front light mod and am wondering if anyone has done it before.

Using COB rings I was thinking of adding running lights and indicators in to the front lights.

The running lights would be around the full beam and main beam lights, and the indicator around the fog light.

This would remove the necessity for the standard sidelight housings completely.

In theory the wiring would be easy to do, just cutting the plugs and maybe using bullet connectors or similar to make them removable.

Has anyone done this? I know people have done the "angel eye" conversion but I've not seen the indicator thrown in also.

Listy, I'm doing exactly that at the moment.

Almost finished my rear led's and have all of the materials to start the fronts.

I've got pairs of 70mm, 80mm and 120mm to go around the existing headlight bits on the inners.

Casheye has done something relatively similar too.

I've just ordered some some white rings for the high beam and some orange ones for the fogs so I'll be working on something like this too. I've handed my notice in at work so after Christmas Eve I'll be a kept man, which means I'll have plenty more time to put towards this.

I toyed with it but decided to leave it as I didn't like the full beam area with a big angel eye in it, it just looked really off compared to the other 2. IMO it won't look great as you have suggested but it will function perfectly.

I currently have the facelift sidelight/indicator as a Heckler LED indicator only conversion and the angel eyes as my sidelights. I've been running like that for years, looks good IMO :)

I toyed with it but decided to leave it as I didn't like the full beam area with a big angel eye in it, it just looked really off compared to the other 2. IMO it won't look great as you have suggested but it will function perfectly.

I currently have the facelift sidelight/indicator as a Heckler LED indicator only conversion and the angel eyes as my sidelights. I've been running like that for years, looks good IMO :)

Got any photos of them lit up?

I've always thought that rings around the high beam looked too big, but the pair of cob rings cost less than £15 so I thought it'd be worth a punt.