The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2004 (54) Transit Connect TDCi

Benjy

I've decided (about 10 minutes ago...) to part with my beloved Transit Connect 1.8 TDCi LWB as I want to put the funds towards another recovery truck. (Never should have sold the last one, but hey ho...)

I bought it from a mate a little over a year ago with an engine knock. Removal of the head revealed that a failed injector had ruined the bottom end, so a second hand engine with 80k miles on it was sourced. Upon replacing the engine it had:

New timing belt kit

New clutch

New external gaskets (oil cooler, manifolds, EGR etc etc)

New oil filter and fresh oil

4 x new injectors (£175 each!)

New intercooler hoses

New glow plugs

Since then it's been an absolute diamond. In July this year, I took it to Holland to see Mr Callaway with mk4gaz who I'm sure will vouch for how well this van did on that journey.

It's also had a couple of new tyres, a pair of driveshafts, discs and pads and an alternator.

Mileage is currently on 105k but will increase slightly as I'm still using it. It has a Parrott hands free kit, remote central locking and removable roof racks included. It is a van, and has been used for work so there are marks around the body, but the cabin is immaculate. The back is tidy, slightly better than you'd imagine for a 10 year old ex builders van, but as mentioned, it's a van. It has a half height ply bulkhead, the rear is fully ply lined, and has plenty of room for Supra parts! :eyebrows:

It's MOT'd until 30/03/16, but for the full asking price I can put it through a fresh MOT, and I have absolutely no doubt that it'd pass.

I'm after £1900ono. It is a bloody superb workhorse and is surprisingly nippy. I'll actually be sad to see it go, but another recovery vehicle will be handy, and also allow me to start participating in a bit of motorsport again.

Any questions or if you want to come and see it, drop me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.