The mkiv Supra Owners Club

10 year old me with my dream car

Marcus GTE

I was just sent this rough snap of this picture of me at the Scottish Car show when I was 10 with a car that I fell in love with at first sight.

I remember I was gutted that it was locked, but there was a video on the stand of the active spoiler working while it was moving etc.

So spooky that 18 years later from when this was taken (1992?) I own nearly the same car in a silver UK Spec. Talk about leaving an impression!! :)

:D Very cool. I remember somthing very similar at the Birmingham NEC motor show when I was a young lad.

Interesting that the UK in the picture has cream leather, thought silver UK's were the only colour to get the black leather.

I know! I've got the black leather version and I understand it's not as common as UK's with cream.

I was just sent this rough snap of this picture of me at the Scottish Car show when I was 10 with a car that I fell in love with at first sight.

I remember I was gutted that it was locked, but there was a video on the stand of the active spoiler working while it was moving etc.

So spooky that 18 years later from when this was taken (1992?) I own nearly the same car in a silver UK Spec. Talk about leaving an impression!! :)

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q595/marcusmacleod/341AB23D-4CC0-4079-8AAC-71946A638561_zpseym7u5wx.jpg

That's awesome Marcus! :)

:D Very cool. I remember somthing very similar at the Birmingham NEC motor show when I was a young lad.

Interesting that the UK in the picture has cream leather, thought silver UK's were the only colour to get the black leather.

Apparently, the silver UK's had the option of cream or black.

That's cool, I remember seeing one at a BTCC race back in 1993/4 when I was about 15, got me wanting one. :)

Not sure that I'd want the cream and silver combo, need some contrast - the cream works well with the black paint.

I agree that the black leather is the interior to have (luckily that's what I've got) and the colour combination is pretty unusual to me.

Seeing a supra as a wee guy sure has an impression on you doesn't it :)

That's awesome Marcus! :)

Apparently, the silver UK's had the option of cream or black.

That's good to know mate, didn't know that.

Did you know that the colour code 199 silver used to be called "flagship silver" ? Makes sense as it's the colour they chose here to show it off to the public for the first time.

I think I actually commented on your Goodwood thread at the time to say that having your car on the stand, being silver, was pretty authentic due to me seeing this all that time ago. Now here is the proof! :)

Ill join ya, 10 years ago age 15, family took some visitors to Stratford upon Avon, after a nice day out I walked past this in the ca park and got my aunt to ask to take a picture, really friendly dude who let me sit in it and take lots of pictures :D

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/trinidadianstallion/FISRT%20SUPRA%20I%20EVER%20TOUCHED_zpsfg8vi4sk.jpg

Quality!

You were bitten by the supra bug at first sight too it seems :)

Amazing how after 10 years the styling is only just starting to look dated. The supra looks brand new though :p

:thumbs:

I wonder if that car is still in the club?

Quality!

You were bitten by the supra bug at first sight too it seems :)

Amazing how after 10 years the styling is only just starting to look dated. The supra looks brand new though :p

:thumbs:

I wonder if that car is still in the club?

I was actually taken by the f&f....I remember my dad wanted to see the film and I never had a care about cars until the bike scene at the end when I saw the supra do a jump. I saw one before this, a girl in our area had a silver tt but this is the first I ever get to see up close :love:

Ive tried to find it but no luck