The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 TT6 Supra BPU

craig85

***Now Sold***

Hi, I've had a recent change of circumstance at home and unfortunately a 2+2 isn't going to work for me anymore, despite my attempts to get some extra space in the boot, so unfortunately my car is up for sale.

It's a J Spec, May 1993, twin turbo manual from factory in 202 black, imported in 2003. The mileage currently reads 103000, it was imported at 77000kms so man maths give me about 80000 miles on the car. The MOT lasts until May.

Modifications are as follows:

Apexi Power FC ECU

Racelogic traction and launch control

Blitz boost controller

Greddy front mount intercooler

HKS Type 0 turbo timer

Decatted

Trial exhaust

Cone air filter

UK spec headlights

UK spec front brakes

Volk F Zero Challenge forged wheels, 18"

Veilside front bumper

BC BR coilovers

Nardi steering wheel

Toad Ai606 alarm

I've recently fitted a UK spec black carpet and headlining and replaced the boot install that was there previously, you can see my progress thread here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?322883-Craig-s-93-TT6

The car runs and drives brilliantly and was mapped by Thor a couple of years ago to BPU levels (0.9, 1.1 and 1.2 bar on the controller). It's been set up with the traction control and full ECU to be as driveable as possible and I have loved owning the car. In 2014 about £7k was spent on service and upgrade parts, including new suspension, clutch (Whifbitz stage 1), pumps, pulleys etc. So there is very little required on the car other than the bits that make it yours.

It had a full respray in 2006 and to be honest the paintwork is still in very good condition, looking nothing like a 22 years old car!

I'll include the plate in the sale, as it came with the car. The only HKS part on the car I know of is the turbo timer, the advert I bought the car from did say HKS cams but I have never been able or bothered about verifying this.

The car comes with a massive folder of receipts which I have updated and put into order, including the original exportation paperwork. Actual servicing looks to have been carried out by previous owners until 2014 when the car was taken care of by Whifbitz

Bad bits:

Small bubble of rust in the usual place on the rear window

Alloys could do with a refurb and centre caps are present, but clips are broken

Two small scuffs on the front bumper where it has caught a kerb

Ignition switch on dash panel not to everyones taste! (I have a full set of carbon covered dash panels I was going to retrim and replace with, I'll include these in the sale)

I think that's covered everything, but I will update if I think of anything else.

Price is £13000 and the car is located in Northampton; please feel free to get in touch if there is anything else you would like to know or for me to check. I'm not interested in any p/x or swap offers. My number is 0792 1812 545

Anyway, on to the pictures:

Fancy one to start you off!

Guest Chris_jellyman

Wow that looks clean! Glws mate, if its still available in the new year I'll have it, but it won't hang round long at that price

it won't hang round long at that price

Being a 1993 with cloth seats, if it gets £13k I'm going to have to revisit my agreed value insurance level. Hopefully the OP will post the sale price as that's always useful information for others setting their insurance valuation.

Being a 1993 with cloth seats, if it gets £13k I'm going to have to revisit my agreed value insurance level. Hopefully the OP will post the sale price as that's always useful information for others setting their insurance valuation.

I think £13k is a reasonable price for a car of this specification and condition.

Good mileage, recent respray, desirable TT6 model and in a popular colour.

Particular with supply in Japan drying up and the lower end of the market being written off/broken, values are rising.

This is spot on, GLWS OP.

I think £13k is a reasonable price for a car of this specification and condition.

Good mileage, recent respray, desirable TT6 model and in a popular colour.

Particular with supply in Japan drying up and the lower end of the market being written off/broken, values are rising.

This is spot on, GLWS OP.

This.

Thanks for the comments all. I've not seen much like this up for sale here recently (it's all autos and singles) so I've had a stab at what I think is fair. It's a smashing car and I'm happy to keep hold of it if there is no interest but it'll be a shame to see it used less and less

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.