The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It feels SO good to be back :-) UK Spec Built Engine 6 Spd Manual Single Turbo Supra

Sheefa

Evening all

Well after actually purchasing the Supra a couple of weeks back, it's been an exciting wait whilst Lee and the guys at SRD worked their magic once again with the car ready for my collection yesterday day (you know the day we had monsoon weather across the UK!!) I had a tame drive back and stayed off the boost given the 150mile slog back in a constant downpour, but boy did it feel good. Thankfully it was dry today so I whacked the boost up to 1.5bar and went for a play. Holy Moses I am in love......:) The car is EPIC.

The car was already in fantastic condition but the suspension was a little tired and it certainly needed a bit of TLC here and there. SRD undertook the following to get it 100% right :)

• New HKS HyperMax IV Suspension
  • Brand New OEM Fuel and Brake Lines
  • New Toyota Timing Pulley, Toyota Belt Idler and Gates Kevlar Racing Belt
  • New PHR Idler Pulley
  • New Walbro 485 Pump & Fuel Setup
  • DEI T4 Titanium Heat Shield Turbo Blanket & DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap for Downpipe
  • New SRD Turbo Oil Feed and SRD Turbo water line kit
  • Full Service with Brake, Oil, Fuel Filter and Fluid changes

The car is an absolute beast and drives flawlessly. This is my first experience with a Single Supra (had two TT's previously) and for me it really is a dream come true. I'm over the moon with the car and hopefully I'll keep this one for the many years to come. I fully intend on driving it properly :D The car makes 560HP@ 1.5 bar ;)

Full Spec of Car is as follows:

1995 Toyota Supra UK 6 Speed - Single turbo conversion

Engine - Fully Built and balanced engine & Head with less than 10K miles including HKS (Carrillo) rods, Oversize CP Piston and Ring Set (3.1 litres), New crank, HKS 256 Inlet cam, HKS 264 outlet cam, Ferrea Ti retainers and Polished Q45 throttle body, manifold and cam covers. The engine has been built specifically for high HP and high temps, balanced; compression is in spec and almost identical across all cylinders (189 across 5, number 5 at 183).

Engine Components - Boost Logic crank pulley and Crank Damper & alloy pulleys, Gates Racing Kevlar Cam belt, New Toyota Timing Pulley, new OEM flywheel, Toyota Belt Idler and PHR Idler Pulley, modified oil pump.

Turbo - Powerhouse Racing Stage 3 72mm dual ball bearing Turbo Kit with HKS ceramic coated manifold, DEI T4 Titanium Turbo Blanket and DEI Titanium Heat wrapped PHR 4” ceramic coated downpipe/midpipe. Dual HKS BOV’s

Fuel System - 850CC Fuel injectors with New OEM Fuel lines and Walbro 485 pump and Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

Exhaust - VERY LOUD Veilside Titanium exhaust (with optional bung)

Cooling - GReddy 4row Intercooler with hardpipes, 10 row power steering cooler, 16 row Oil Cooler, New Rear diff cooler, Custom Airbox, PWR Polished Aluminium Radiator with twin electric fans (ECU Controlled)

Electronics - Syvecs S6 ECU (Tuned by Ryan@2BAR) with Innovate Motorsports Wideband (ECU Connected), New Coil packs, Enhanced Knock sensors (ECU monitored), Oil pressure probe (ECU monitored), EGR probe (ECU monitored), Boost control valve (ECU controlled and monitored), Laser Line Cat 1 Thatcham approved Car alarm

Transmission - Getrag V160 6 speed Manual (Smooth as silk) with uprated six puck metallic clutch, AP Engineering Shifter Bushing Kit, Modified clutch slave cylinder & braided line and new Toyota flywheel

Suspension - New HKS HyperMax IV Suspension (Awesome ride and comfort!) with TRD Anti-roll bars. Full Geometry setup completed at fitment.

Wheels & Brakes - 18” CCW Classic Wheels & tyres with upgraded steering rack bushes. UK Spec brakes with full braided stainless, coated hoses and New OEM brake lines.

Interior - TRD 10K tech Speedo, Toyota Celica steering wheel and ABS connector, MVP Aluminium pedals, MVP Aluminium dial surround, Sparco Milano Prestige leather seats, Bride seat rails, Leather gear and handbrake covers, Pioneer Double DIN DVD, Ipod and MP3 head unit with Rear View Camera functionality. Kenwood amp & lightweight speakers.

Other - Carbon Fibre Engine Cover, SRD Aluminium Under tray and SRD cooling plate, Whifbitz lower lip with 2” hose pickups, Aluminium Rad overflow tank and Top radiator hard pipe (chromed) etc

A huge thanks to Lee and SRD for all their hard work in getting this car to a perfect standard. You can see the massive difference in the engine bay photos. Those guys are flawless ;)

I'll get some better photos up when I give her a good clean. For now though she is sat pretty in my garage and will most likely be hibernating over winter :)

Cheers all and hope to see you lot soon !

Greg :)

Outside%204_zpsg90xi5ei.jpgIMG-20151106-WA0004.jpgIMG-20151115-WA0007.jpgIMG-20151115-WA0009.jpgGavin%20L%203_zps8kmy2tmg.jpgIMG-20151102-WA0005.jpgIMG-20151103-WA0006.jpgIMG-20151103-WA0009.jpgIMG-20151103-WA0015.jpgIMG-20151106-WA0007.jpg Engine%201_zpskdelbrqf.jpg

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)