The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Criminal damage

Twisted

It is with great sadness that I am posting this. I've delayed this for a while whilst money has been low and the car has been off the road. I must be the most unlucky guy as it's happened again, but this time worse. The supra has been damaged.

One lovely sunny day in work, during my break, (I had parked my car across the water so I could admire it), I saw some tramps/beggars damaging my car. Saw one of them knee the drivers door. So I ran over there and confronted them. Only to my horror to find that the roof was completely caved in where one of them had walked all over it. Safe to say the only thing stopping me from committing terrible illegal and harmful acts on the 3 of them were the vast amount of cameras and witnesses. Unfortunately by the time I'd called the police, one has gotten away and I found out that no cameras actually point towards where my car was parked. Came back to a note saying "I'm sorry about your car"... Geee thanks! All is better now.

I'll attached a picture and I would very much like it if any of you were to advise me on whether or not the damage is fixable (yes it's out of my own pocket) and if so then can you please point me in the direction of reputable company. I want only the best. I have a lot of other work needing to be done as well.

Thank you in advance

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447533302.019988.jpg

The damage was much worse than this before I took the photo. I managed to push up the worst of it now.

Dreadful news.

What's this world coming too, quiet unbelievable to be honest.

I would recommend taking the seats out, laying on your back with some smooth shaped on the sole shoes.

Very gentle press out the dent, maybe use a mirror to see what your doing placed to view the pressure being applied.

It might well pay to gently heat the area first with a hand gun, to avoid any of the paint cracking on any sharp edges.

See how it comes out, and then access if a filler skim, shape, and repaint is required.

Going to be expensive to paint the whole roof, and blend it properly with the sides unfortunately.

Very best of luck with sorting it out though - anyone's worst nightmare.

NB. Thinking a little more about it, may be best to use some thin plywood that will bend to the shape of the roof as you try to press it out. Roof lining will need to come out though.

Edited by Pudsey
NB - after thought. (see edit history)

I'd take it to Peels Motorcraft down in Crewshole. I've had work done by them and although they're not the cheapest, they do fantastic work. The quality of cars they have parked outside on a regular basis is something else.

It's a shittty thing to have happened. You'd have though being in such a public place like the waterfront they'd have thought twice.

I chased after one who tried to run away and he got arrested. Unfortunately by the time we got back to my car the other 2 had gone. This was back in April time and I've yet to hear anything back. If a guy is on a the streets begging for a can of beer there is no way I'm going to get ££££'s from him to repair the damage. Turned out that the one who was arrested done the other damage around the car I know who the one is who stood on the roof though. Had an altercation with him a while back whilst working on the doors (not the reason why he done the damage. He had no idea it was my car) It's just about finding him now.

I used to work the doors. Stood watching some local knackers bashing a traffic cone on the back of my supra spoiler. My best mate who I was working with at the time knew them lol but by the time he knew what was going on Id got across the road and laid him out cold lol. You'd be suprised how much money homeless people make, they will be on benefits etc. I'd ring 101 and ask for an update. I absolutely hate scumbags ! Had one at work yesterday try to throw me through the shop window haha. Unlucky for him ive got over 26 years experience in various martial arts including bjj/ Greco Roman wrestling and kickboxing. Let's just say when he woke up he had deficated in his pants while he was losing consciousness.... Then he was carted away for having a load of class A on him to which I'd told the police he was fiddling around with his bum so I though he needed a cavity search ;)

You are a better man than me. I would have lost my mind if that would have been my car. I don't work 60+ hours a week and pay my taxes to have scumbags just damage my stuff, for no apparent reason.

One thing I have noticed as my cars have got nicer and more expensive, is the amount of jealousy that goes on in certain quarters. Also, surely there isn't any laws against beating up tramps? Where do the Police write to them and get statements etc.

H.

You have my sympathy mate Someone tried to steal my car a couple of weeks ago Drivers lock broken They never got in though. Thing is Toyota have discontinued the lock Have managed to get a full set of locks second hand from Keron Was really surprised to find out the lock(s)are no longer available Good luck ;hope it can be repaired alright

Thanks for all the supportive comments guys. It's definitely a crap situation. There are many things I'd have liked to have done to those tramps but unfortunately all of them were illegal and I'd be even worse off. I dwelled on it long enough. All I can do now is suck it up and get on with it

Thanks for all the supportive comments guys. It's definitely a crap situation. There are many things I'd have liked to have done to those tramps but unfortunately all of them were illegal and I'd be even worse off. I dwelled on it long enough. All I can do now is suck it up and get on with it

Although I would rarely shy away from any physical confrontation. On reflection, the thought of grappling with a "piss soaked harry ramp" would probably deter me to be honest.

H.

This is why my Supra doesn't see much sunlight....absolutely afraid of this. Not only the damage to the car but what damage I'd do the the persons if I catch them in the act!

But the rook repair should not be that bad. Do as previously suggested and remove the roof liner and press the top gently while someone is outside heating the paint.