The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A long Winter ahead with nothing to do

rider

I indulged in having a 2 post car lift installed earlier in the month and used it for the first time today. Having spent the morning clearing the way to the lift my plan was to get the Supra up on it and spend a few weeks fettling underneath. Giving it a good clean. Taking care of the surface rust, treating it and then giving it plenty of coats of zinc primer and black paint.

Lifted the car up and the only rust I could find is on the wishbone arms. Thats going to take me maybe half an hour to wire brush down. The car is looking really solid underneath. I'm really pleased in one way but a bit disappointed in another as my Winter project has ended before its even started. There are no oil leaks, no rust absolutely nothing to do.

I indulged in having a 2 post car lift installed earlier in the month and used it for the first time today. Having spent the morning clearing the way to the lift my plan was to get the Supra up on it and spend a few weeks fettling underneath. Giving it a good clean. Taking care of the surface rust, treating it and then giving it plenty of coats of zinc primer and black paint.

Lifted the car up and the only rust I could find is on the wishbone arms. Thats going to take me maybe half an hour to wire brush down. The car is looking really solid underneath. I'm really pleased in one way but a bit disappointed in another as my Winter project has ended before its even started. There are no oil leaks, no rust absolutely nothing to do.

Time to buy a dirty little mr2 for £300

Have you taken off the little plastic cover where all the fuel and brake pipes go? Checked the exhaust heat shield nuts aren't too rusted, removed the fuel tank cover to remove the gravel inside? But agreed if it really is clean you'll be twiddling your thumbs as even that lot won't take long.