The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best place for a full respray? preferably midlands

rob_sri

as above my paintwork on the supra is looking a little tired and thin in places..

im looking to get the car resprayed.. possibly a colour change.. 202 black to a metallic black..

anyone got anywhere they would recommend I am particularly fussy about good paintwork as I'm a bit of a detailing freak :)

11144948_917653984975611_7448018749899626280_o.jpg

pictures, contact details and price guesstimates would be lovey :)

dont mind travelling for a good job

Edited by rob_sri (see edit history)

Elite motor solutions in Sheffield, I can give you a phone number for the guy there.

Or they have a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Elite-Motor-Solutions-LTD-194237027297028/?fref=ts

My car:

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/1558376_10152089452107721_2688866016836624434_n.jpg?oh=655246f8faca8cbdb046c9acd10867c8&oe=56B9A38F

More in the build thread in signature.

That looks like an awesome job mate.. Car looks lovely how much did that set you back

Remember it was a full glass out, strip job

It was around 3800 for the work which included BMW/Audi's Ceramic lacquer stuff, then i had some extras like underseal, paint the inside matt black to get rid of as much red as possible and also a new windscreen. Came to around 4200 all in.

He's done loads of other bits for me, like re-lacquering the carbon defuser, painting door handles etc always a quality finish i won't be going anywhere else in a hurry.

Cheers Greg

Edited by Ric (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this thread, since seeing these recommendations and doing some digging, I dropped my car off at Elite Motor Solutions last night for a full respray after seeing yours Ric. Seem to very nice people and know what they are talking about, things I didn't even think about. Shall update on how the car turns out :thumbs:.

I was quoted around £4750-£5000. It would have been £4200 but I'm going for more expensive lacquer option as I want it perfect, it's also a colour change and I have rust on the arches and micro blisters on the roof to sort out. From other garages I was quoted £5000-7000 plus VAT.

That involves windows out, fitting of whole new body kit, and engine bay spraying. Also welding plates into holes that I don't require I.e rear wiper and washer jet.

They said it could be done in a few weeks, as it is quiet at this time of the year. So I may get it back before xmas.