The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Maybe tempting fate....

cashpoint

a good mate of mine wrote his off last week! A Badger ran out in front of him, ripped his front bumper off and span him into the path of an oncoming car. Both he and his passenger had to be cut out of the car and his passenger has only just been released from hospital.

he is on here as iS_nEaR but doesn't post much.

the car was a metalic bronze Aerotop N/A with a Veilside C1 front bumper, skirts & spats.

Soz to hear about his accident sounds pretty major....glad both in car were ok...thats the main thing I spose.

I had a deer run out in front of me 18 or so months ago in Somerset, it was dark i was doing 50 in a country B road didn't know i'd hit it, till i hit it...and was given a rare treat of animal anotomy displayed on my windscreen more gruesome than the bodyworks exibition (though I have to say I have never been to that and wouldn't either...even though ya could fit in a Brick Lane Indian meal on the same evening )

This is the thing...you can be the safest, most advanced, or experienced driver in the world...but unless you are David Attenburgh you cant predict whats going to come flying out the hedgerow.

I think Deers are a real hazzard especially...as much as I love animals these animals are the size of horses often but are so unpredictable...if ya hit one at a reasonable speed it can kill you....

When i see a sign with a Deer on it....i do take notice now lol

a good mate of mine wrote his off last week! A Badger ran out in front of him, ripped his front bumper off and span him into the path of an oncoming car. Both he and his passenger had to be cut out of the car and his passenger has only just been released from hospital.

he is on here as iS_nEaR but doesn't post much.

the car was a metalic bronze Aerotop N/A with a Veilside C1 front bumper, skirts & spats.

Scary badgers are a danger to Supes one caused Suprz Rz (Rich) to restyle his supe only a few months ago. Why didn't they just release the aero top would have saved all that cutting ?

What they couldn't open both doors ? That car must be one hell of a state.

Always saddens me when they go this way. He hadn't had it very long had he 6 months ish I think (first winter catches quite a few people out) :(

I agree...different kind of accident though...the only advice that may help to save anyone in this instant is that My Brov always taught me to drive by looking at least 150 foot in front of the car instead of down the nose, that way if something runs out you wont notice it...

If you notice it...you will swerve wether you want to or not in most cases...anyone who says they dont is lying...it happens too quick for the brain to make the correct decision...

If you dont notice it or its up ahead you either wont notice it and it will become a Pancake...... or you will have enough time to make the RIGHT decision...by running it over...which is sad I know as i am an animal lover....

but better scenario i guess than several dead people and one Laughing Rabbit or Badger.

:(