The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why are Supras so cheap in the UK?

Guest Based

I'm from the states and I'm on here looking at the classifieds and people are selling immaculate supras for under 20k USD... You're LUCKY to see one in the states in decent condition under 30K.

We just had more availability due to our lenient import laws that we are very lucky to have. We also had a UK Spec Supra to add into the numbers.

Though the prices are certainly going up in the UK, with a dry up of Supra's in Japan and ones crashed every winter it will go only one way.

Ah ok I get it. Yeah it's crazy I look on Autotrader and Carsforsale and in the entire united states there are maybe 100 Supras for sale with both sites combined. I need to buy mine and keep it unwrecked!

Few years ago you'd find tonnes of them for sale, now on autotrader (I kid you not) 3 for sale in the whole of the UK.

On pistonheads.com you have 22 of them for sale, most of them from a dodgy dealer!

It's insane how one movie made a car one of the most sought after items on the planet... I will cry when I buy mine.

25 years few more years for mine then....Well if mine ever goes i guess it would be over there for that money!

I wonder if someone would straight swap for a viper?

Now your talking.

I'd swap mine for a dodge charger 1968 or a 69 ;)

Or a 68 or 69 ford mustang fast back or soft top with the fastback hard top :D

But that's the only things that would part me from the supra. But not for a few years any ways

Edited by Hitbox Junkie (see edit history)

Now your talking.

I'd swap mine for a dodge charger 1968 or a 69 ;)

Or a 68 or 69 ford mustang fast back or soft top with the fastback hard top :D

But that's the only things that would part me from the supra. But not for a few years any ways

And the supra would still be faster. LoL

I don't think imports will affect the pricing on US Supras to be honest as they are LHD. I know the R32 is doing well but that was never manufactured in LHD so they don't have a choice

I don't think it will reduce the price of the LHD cars, but it should stop the prices from rising as quickly as they have been in the US.

The movie certainly went a long way towards cementing the Supra's status as a cult car.

Agreed, Supras would be a popular car anyway - Looks great, rocketship performance, rare compared to 911s say and priced pretty well. £9-10k for a Tiptronic facelift is a bargain. Compared to a Porsche 911 of similar vintage.

But Need for Speed and Fast and Furious turned it into a poster car. It's as cool as any Ferrari now because of it

Agreed, Supras would be a popular car anyway - Looks great, rocketship performance, rare compared to 911s say and priced pretty well. £9-10k for a Tiptronic facelift is a bargain. Compared to a Porsche 911 of similar vintage.

But Need for Speed and Fast and Furious turned it into a poster car. It's as cool as any Ferrari now because of it

Say no more :D