The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Over Drive Light flashing all the time on dash

Guest aksu

Hi I have a twin Turbo and the over drive light started flashing ended up chaining to another gear box 2 weeks of driving the same thing is happened again ,,

When you first pull out goes like a rocket but after that you feel like something ratels in the gear box and it cuts you up and does not want to go fast only picks up slow with the Over drive light Flashing,,,, had the wiring checked its OK the trouble code showers 63 Solenoid valve 2 open or short

had the solenoid check its OK but still the code is there and the over drive light flashing someone help as the car and the only one is in North Cyprus and they do not know much about the car nor have the machines to check other things Someone said the gear box was faulty find another one other people are saying Ecu ,Engine control unit part number 89661-14491 2JZ-GT A/T or the solenoids so as you can see I am lost :(

Guest Principal1

I've got similar problem. [my car is 1993 twin turbo auto] overdrive light flashing, indicates code 63 = shift solenoid, but the solenoid seems fine. My car feels like its missing 2nd and reverse sometimes takes a long time to engage, I'm positive its electrical not mechanical, I can drive it fine using low then 2nd and then put into drive. My twin turbo has same ecu part number ending 14491 - but cant seem to find exact part number elsewhere - been looking on e bay. Lots of people say gearbox oil must be right level and cherry red - mine is and that's not the problem. I read that you can bypass a speed sensor by taking out one of the wires on the back of the odeometer [mileometer] and splicing another but that didn't do it. I'm thinking of buying a good second hand engine ecu if I can find one . sounds like we both need one, it could be a speed sensor. keep in touch and we'll let each other know how we get on