The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black Supra 5 spd Manual twin turbo 1jz ( updated pics and a video)

G9RGE

I bought it back in Feb as a standard 5spd na. The car had covered around 200km (125,000 miles), the car is still in km and hasn't bothered me.

I set about sourcing and fitting a 1JZ GTE engine which is a very revy and fun engine. This is not a sequential system so it feels more like a small single turbo. I found one local to me and set about my conversion. I also managed to get myself a small cased LSD which has helped transform the car. The car Starts first time everytime and drives and pulls well with no smoke or bangs and has run faultlessly for the 6months or so it has been fitted.

The car is setup for bpu but is still runing standard 0.7bar boost. This is only because I chose not to upgrade the clutch when I did the conversion as my long term plan was to always fit an R154 gearbox. The standard clutch shows no signs of slipping at the current power but if more boost was to be run then maybe this would need to be upgraded.

The bodywork flat and mopped and it now has a lovely shine to it but the car has had some paint work in its time and the roof has got lots of little marks in the lacquer and it is pealing a little around the rear quarter window. The boot has the usual rust bubble and the lacquer has gone a little milky. I also removed the supra badge and this left a mark but I have never worried as it has always been my intention to give it a full respray. The bonnet has a little bubbling on the front edge. I am very fussy about paint work and most people think I'm mad but I'm just being honest.

The spec is as follows:

Interior

Carpet died black

Sparco r100 drivers seat

New gear stick and handbrake gaiters

Boost guage added in place of clock.

Pioneer 3500 DAB radio with Bluetooth and reverse camera

Brakes

Brand New Front UK Calipers

Brand new pads and disks all round

Refurbed master cylinder fitted

Fresh fluid

4 wheel alignment

Calipers painted metallic purple

Body

Stock body

S2000 stumpy aerial

Polyurethane Front splitter (cracked and was on my list to replace)

Facelift rear lights

Clear sides

Refurbished jspec fronts

Xenon headlights

Wheels

19in calibre gtr alloys

9.5 rears

8 fronts

8mm spacers and extended studs

Rolled rear arches

Suspension

BC adjustable coilovers

Engine

1jz ( pre cat) (280bhp std, now probably running around 300bhp)

Full gasket and seal set fitted before I fitted engine including new cambelt and waterpump, plugs, fuel filter etc.

2nd decat with restrictor ring

Hks supers silent exhaust

Front mount intercooler with hard pipe kit

(Only running 0.7 bar until I got a better clutch or r154)

Small case lsd believe it's an a01b new oil fitted

New gearbox oil fitted

New walbro 255 fuel pump and have run a fresh fused supply

I have some tt 430 injectors that I have fitted yet.

I think that's everything, so it's basically needing a better clutch, Fuel cut defender and boost controller to run full bpu around (350-370bhp)

The car is currently on a private registration, this will not come with the car.

£6,500

Reverse Cam

The car looks very very nice, but for a very specific audience, even within the supra junkies...

Yeah i know what you mean, but it was the most cost effective way of me owning a manual twinturbo supra and the 1jz drives more like a small single turbo`d 2jz :-). I did think about turboing the 2jzgte but i thought reliablity wise it was best to just fit an already turbo`d engine. It starts and runs without fault and has totally transformed the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.